Shoemaker’s - Lincoln NE

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Long FLD, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    On a different note, I took a tour of the new Taj Mahal in Omaha today.
    It’s actually called MHC Kenworth.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lmao ...what did ya think ?

4. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    It was unbelievable. 18.6 million I think it took to build it. 3 state of the art paint bays, huge body shop and service area, massive amounts of parking. You got to stop and see it.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Doubt I'll see it but that's progress I guess and certainly better for out of towners to get into than 75th and L .
    Everybody but utility and thermo king has moved out west .
    Probably for the better tho ...some like Cummins on 55th and center were horrible locations.
    Things are definitely changing in Omaha.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Read my first post. When I mentioned them to him he said “we may need to address that”.

7. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    I spent $19064.31 there last year, and that works out to $4766.07 for the four times I parked at the fuel island in December.

I don’t hide behind the internet. My truck is on this site and social media. If anyone sees me parked by the Cat scale feel free to complain to the manager about me.

8. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Ya you are definitely one of those people that don’t get it and never will! This is the result of making sure everyone gets a participation ribbon so it’s not really your vault. We as a society have taught you entitlement your entire life.

dunchues Thanks this.
  9. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Participation ribbons hadn’t been invented yet when I was a kid, so try another one. If I buy fuel and want a shower it’s not my problem that they won’t clean their lot up. Some of the other posters here have also backed up what I’m saying so clearly I’m not the only one noticing the issue with their lot.

Like I said, see someone parked there then go complain to management. I stopped there today on my way to the airport at 11am, there were 4 trucks parked in the last two islands. They’ll either clean their lot or run off paying customers, the balk is in their court at this point.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    As the population of the Omaha and Lincoln area has exploded in the last 20 years that has become a real issue .
    Ever notice those blue shops up on the hill going east by the j in gretna ?
    They want 1500 to 2000 a month now for a 2 tractor bay ...that dont include electricity.
    When I moved from Fargo to Omaha in 1990 you could park anywhere 24/7 ...not anymore and I dont even go in a truckstop in that area anymore unless I need fuel .

11. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    Our return loads come out of Weeping Water. Roll in there on fumes, load up the wagon, and stop at Shoemakers because we use the Ambest fuel card. When I get my house done in Fairmont it won’t be an issue for me anymore. Stop and shower at the house and get fuel in Hastings.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.