Shortage of Drivers in Oilfield

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by bigjoel, Dec 31, 2017.

1. 2CORIN521

2CORIN521 Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Texas
    I know I started out at the bottom, u have to fight for your first job bro, but after you get a about two or three years experience, then it’s easy and the pay is higher too.

Heathar and Kwan23 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Anyway you would be willing to pass along that company info to me. I’m wanting to switch to the fields.

4. 2CORIN521

2CORIN521 Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Texas
    Private message me for info

Heathar Thanks this.
  5. Heathar

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    I seriously do not remember how to PM, last time I tried it ended up being a conversation. Would you mind PMing me or telling me how to PM you.. I’ve tried all I know I can try.

Bgroxie Thanks this.
  6. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    @Heathar

Click or tap his username or avatar. That will bring up an overlay. On the overlay, click or tap 'Start a Conversation.'

The 'conversation' is the same thing as a PM. However, if you just leave a message on his profile instead of starting a conversation, that will be visible to everyone.

Heathar Thanks this.
  7. Heathar

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Yes I tried it that way, I just know that last time I did it wrong, where everyone could of joined. Thank you for your help

d o g Thanks this.
  8. Musashi

Musashi Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    You don't have to. Don't listen to anyone that says you have to. Also, ignore the ads that say you need 1, 2, 3 years experience. Call them up, talk to them like a professional, most will hire you. The ones that can't are too small and can't manage the insurance premium hike.

I've been driving for about a year. I'm with my second company. Never had to go to one of those driver mills. My first company was mid-sized and treated me well, but I had a family health scare and had to come off OTR. My second company is local, they pay decently, and they're as happy to have me as much as I'm happy to be with them.

Don't settle.

9. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

If the rates were right then there would not be a shortage. But these companies cut, cut, cut during the downturn but have been slow to bring the rates back up. I heard NGL around Flatonia was even trying to pay crude haulers $18/hr at one point. For HAZMAT!!!

10. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012

Yup last I heard that’s what they were paying in Midland /Odessa. Then those companies wonder why they can’t find good drivers...?

11. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Yup, immigration to the rescue!

If oil goes above 100 again the wages WILL NOT GO UP THIS TIME.

bbq247365 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.