Shots fired at fuel island. Who’s at fault here?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by iceman32, Sep 15, 2018.

1. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014

Trucker 1 was taking a 30min break. (Don’t know if he pulled up or stayed at the fuel island).

Trucker 2, hothead, got out his gun, walked up and started shooting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Sounds like if the front truck went back to the truck behind him and started threatening the trucker with a weapon, then maybe he should have been shot at. If the back truck went up to the front and started shooting, then that does not sound like self-defense. Guess the video cam if it is ever released would help with a decision.

Manny328, jammer910Z and p608 Thank this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    It was already posted. Trucker will not be charged it was ruled self defense.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  5. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    How do you know he was taking his 30 minute break? I mean, it makes sense, I assume he was to, but that video didn’t say he was. Unless I missed it (entirely possible).

The video lacked details. I’m not sure who was the lunatic here. The police didn’t file charges against the shooter, but I gotta believe that wasn’t because he was taking his 30 at the pumps. Lol

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This is not the way it happened if the updated news reports I've seen are accurate. Seems too be two dicks.
    #1 takes too long at pumps.
    #2 (parked behind) gets mad and confronts #1
    #1 threatens use of weapon if #2 doesn't back off
    #2 says is going to get his gun
    #1 follows to see if #2 is full of crap or not, while bringing his weapon along
    #2 proceeds to brandish a weapon while inside cab and apparently points weapon at #1
    #2 is saying he'll shoot (audio and video is caught on #2's dash cam and police confiscated)
    #1 shoots #2 and claims self defense
    cops agree with #1. #2 is in hospital with GSWs and likely going to face charges

I think it's all BS, on both sides. If this is what we have devolved to as a trade group, then I'm done.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    But I think there is problems with how the story is reported. CDLlife.com had a piss-poor truncated story up, then updated with a more detailed story after the cops shared a bit of information, then a day later replaced that story with the original truncated story that is lacking in any details.

I'm hoping they got it all wrong and how I read it [and posted above] is not what factually happened but that's the way I interpreted the story. And as such was screwed up IMO. BOTH parties should have been charged with something and hauled to jail and let them fight it out in a shared cell. The one who walks away, is released from jail.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Tug Toy and Pumpkin Oval Head Thank this.
  8. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    So the dude that got shot is gonna face charges? From his hospital bed (figuratively & possibly literally )?!? Talk about a bad day!!

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    In theory yes. If they allow the shooter to claim "self defense" and get a walk, then that implies the other driver must have posed an imminent act of bodily harm or death to the other, by words and/or physical actions with a deadly weapon.

10. Dumdriver

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Yeah, the video posted in this thread doesn’t give us even close to enough details to understand what actually happened. This story is just getting started- there’s DEFINITELY more to come

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No. We will never know the real facts of the event. No matter how it happened, law enforcement will keep it shut down from proceeding any further in public view.

I'm of the opinion, one of the parties was a local "good old boy", and this was the one allowed to take a self-defense pass (as coached by one of the cops)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.