Should be starting Roehl in late February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by majestyk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Ah, yes. I thought I was a pretty good driver until I started trucking. Trucking school and Roehl's training and then time out on the road have significantly changed my driving style.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. midnight_trucker_1971

midnight_trucker_1971 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2010
    los angeles ca
  4. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Dispatch apparently had a change in plans for me and didn't remember that I requested to be home on the 26th so I could be at home from the 27th-1st. I relayed my Ky load off at Ellenwood and picked up a load that delivers Tuesday at 0100 in Hartford, CT. Someone is apparently going to pick this load up at my house early tomorrow morning. So I got to spend Christmas at home which was nice but it will probably mean an earlier departure which will mean missing my daughters birthday and New Years but we will see. All in all a nice time at home. Probably 5-6 inches of snow fell last night but the temp is decent so I hope no ice develops. Got the old hound dogs inside sitting next to the wood stove and enjoying life snoozing in the warmth:) Cooked up a really nice seafood gumbo last night and should be even tastier today. Hope every one is having a nice holiday.

5. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Just tell them you are sick and it is best you don't launch yet. Tell them you need to sleep whatever you have off. So you need a couple days to recoup. Remind them if you are sick and as a result can't sleep you are a safety hazard.

6. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    You and I think alot alike:)

7. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Diarreeha ?????? Is a great one, can't drive if you gotta be by the toilet.

8. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Just don't make it so you are suppose to see a doctor cause you wont be going back to you see one and get a letter stating you are released to drive. lol

9. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Calculated my "yearly" pay from prorating the last 7.5 months out to a year time. I substracted my training pay from the gross and added my estimated 4th quarter bonus to get the estimate which should be fairly close to actual. While it ain't doctor pay not too bad for a "first year" driver overall. I also posted an update on my blog for my year thus far with the various data to give you an idea of what you might expect.

2010 Gross (April - December) --- 28035.88
    Training pay (April - mid May) --- (-1375.00)
    4th quarter bonus estimate ------ 290.00
    -----------------------------------------------
    Adjusted gross ----------------- 26950.88/7.5*12
    Adjusted yearly gross ---------- 43121.41
    Perhaps a little more as the last 3 months will be at 0.33/mile
    First three months 0.30/mi
    Last 4.5 months 0.32/mi

10. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Heading back out tomorrow. Picking up a load near Statesville, NC heading to Eau Claire, WI so a nice run out of the gate, that is if the weather is alright up there as I haven't checked yet.

11. mcarpe

mcarpe Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Corning, NY
    Good to see someone putting some numbers up. Am seriously considering going to roehl, but was starting to second guess myself with all the negativity and the driver resources recruiter chopping them to peices lol. My NYSRT is scheduled for the 12th so we will see how things turn out.
    At least not doing a school where I'll be locked into a contract with any company, am thinking that is a big plus.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.