Should I be worried , this occurred in Illnois

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Iemontel, Aug 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iemontel

Iemontel Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2020
    E9E941A0-3955-4744-8E03-F49B8120D60B.jpeg Can anyone tell me more about the inspection report warning ? Should I be worried ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, there is no such thing as a warning if it's written down. That is a violation, but the officer likely doesn't realize that. It, however, did not include a citation.
    A 5-10 over isn't that big a deal, just slow down and pay attention to your speed.

This will affect the company CSA score and it will be on your PSP report.

4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    You'll get csa and psp points. Cops are doing this now cause they get money from the feds for every inspection. And since you can't fight it in court, they're pretty much guaranteed to get paid.

Only thing you can do is contest it via dataq, which won't do anything unless you have real hard proof the violation is in error.

5. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    So if I want to get a new job this will hold me back ?

6. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Not if it's the only thing on your PSP. Just be honest about it and own your mistake.

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Somebody needs to take one of those to court challenging the fact that speeding on the interstate isn't an inspection and should be written as a local speeding violation. It has nothing to do with the feds or any inspection by the state police.

Cat sdp and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  8. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    Tokyo joe isn’t a speeding violation worst ?

9. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    Is it okay for me to say I got lucky it wasn’t a citation ? I’m already fighting a California speeding ticket, I’m waiting for a response from court , I did a written trail by declaration . I know there’s a mvr a dac, it’s my first time hearing psp

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    All good companies like habitual speeders. Means the freight is getting there faster.

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Let's get the terminology right. There is no such thing as a warning on the North American Inspection report. You received a warning on the report in lieu of a STATE issued citation. That report will be forwarded onto the FMCSA to be made part of the CSA score of the authority holder of that truck you were driving.

As to "being concerned" that depends on the carrier, their rules, and what your history with the said carrier is. ONLY you can know this. In a strictly generic case, the answer to this would be NO! HOWEVER!! Right now there is another thread going on where a driver was fired because of something simple, but there was a lot of "history" there. If your record is clean, forget about this. If it is not, then I would be concerned and try to walk the straight and narrow for a while!

Coffey and rachi Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.