Should I be worried , this occurred in Illnois

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Iemontel, Aug 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrlanza

Mrlanza Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Redstone Arsenal, Al
    The reason people are mad is because garbage companies, and people like you who work for them, blatently disregard the law. When the government forced ELD onto the industry, it is because of people like you. When carriers are faced with insurance rate increases unless they install driver facing cameras in their trucks, it is because of PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

That is why people are judging you.

Iemontel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Efficiency is key. Not speed. Do better

Iemontel Thanks this.
  4. Iemontel

Iemontel Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2020
    I just came here for positivity and you all started being negative , I’m a #### human I was given this #### paper that I don’t know it’s going to affect my future . Yeah it my fault I understand I was trying to inform myself with you’re help . Illinois officials are money hungry there was about 5 other trucks pulled over in a 30 mile radius on the i 80 this morning , the officer could have just let me slide but there money hungry . I’m trying to go to sleep but I can’t stop thinking about this . Sorry for getting carried away earlier .

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Stop worrying man. This is not going to kill your career. If you were to go after another job, there will be some companies that tell you no. There will be some companies that tell you yes. You're current company didn't let you go so you're ok. This will fall off over time, just do better. It's a lesson learned. That said, you have to be prepared to take some heat from the veterans. They have a tremendous respect for the industry, as do I. When you go public with issues, you cant just take positivity. You have to take the negativity with the positivity. You'll be a punching bag for a bit, but it's good info here. Get rest, and let it go. What's done is done. You'll have a run tomorrow so there's your first day to doing better.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  6. Iemontel

Iemontel Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2020
    Thank you I appreciate it man

7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You don't have to cheat your logs to run 2500 miles in 5 days. That's an easy week. I, along with most of the other drivers on here can run 3000 legal miles, elogs. In trucking, you cant just come to work....you have to know how to work

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's reckless, even on paper logs.

9. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    2500 miles in 5 days...no problem. 2500 miles in 3 days would be pushing it. You would have to average 65 miles per hour, And run back to back 11 hour driving shifts. Which would be hard to do. The OP was headed East on I-80, was stopped at mile post 124. That is just east of Minooka where the speed limit drops to 60. There is a pull out right there adjacent to the speed limit sign, the other day there was two Illinois patrol cars sitting there, one facing each way. He would have come around that curve and went right by the LEO and didn’t slow down for the speed limit change. I see dangerous driving habits. Speeding, driving fatigued, falsifying his record of duty status, possible substance abuse? A lawyer for an accident victim will be all over this like white on rice. Lawyer fees will be higher than a cats back. You think I’m laying it on thick? You wait and see what a trial lawyer does with this, when the serious accident happens. Best wishes, I hope I’m not involved, and I sincerely hope your post is just BS....

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You can fight that California speeding ticket, but chances are YOU WILL NOT WIN THAT CASE! If you are just now hearing about CSA/PSP SHAME on you! Knowing and understanding the requirements of CSA is just as much a part of this industry as logbooks are! CSA is one of the key metrics the FMCSA AND the States use to judge an authority holder's fitness to operate! EVERY safety critter I know of preaches this to drivers, the company maintenance and operations depts. In fact, I am shocked you are ignorant of this!

How are you accomplishing this feat? Most every OTR driver I know of is using e-logs! You can't easily cheat on these, that's the reason they have been mandated by the feds! This statement is why I think you are trolling this board!

Trolling or not! This statement is either patently FALSE OR you are running very much OUTLAW! It is not a matter of (IF) you get caught, only (WHEN) you get caught!

For the purposes of that inspection and a driver's OVERALL record when it comes to a driver's qualification files there IS NOT AN OUNCE OF DIFFERENCE!

You DO have a choice. I still think you are trolling with ALL of these log statements, but I will play along with you on that! NO! you always have a choice to operate legally! If you can't make a living running legal, then you really need to get OUT of trucking! To continue to operate illegally makes you a MENACE! Enough said on that logging issue!

MVRs are administered by YOUR HOME STATE! My first instinct is to say NO, it won't show up on the MVR!

That my friend is a terribly flippant and ignorant attitude for a trucker to have. You have better be worried about EVERY SINGLE record kept on your driving! It's ALL IMPORTANT!

There is something about that statement that really rubs me the wrong way!

You are in a serious state of denial here. You also do not understand physical and mental exhaustion and the signs of it! If you are the average trucker you are pulling a large vehicle that weighs loaded on average more than 65,000 pounds. It is not quite the same as driving a Honda Civic! Your body goes to sleep in stages, After 10 hours of driving you are MUCH more likely to not see that small Honda being driven by that 17-year-old either yacking on her phone, or texting! Neither of you is paying a bit of attention, YES you are awake, but not fully!

I have spoken to several drivers that had this to happen to them. They thought they were awake, but failed to notice they were drifting off until it was much too late!

Another thing about this subject! As you get older this becomes MUCH more difficult! I HIGHLY suggest you stop doing this!

You might get some members to agree with the general attitude shown here, but I never will! I also suspect many other members feel the same way I do.

You can NEVER with any credibility justify illegal activity just because you don't do other things drivers consider rude! One simply doesn't justify the other.

Grow up!

[​IMG]

Wasted Thyme and sirhwy Thank this.
  11. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Well said.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.