Should I continue to pursue CDL driving?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jchristian467, Mar 31, 2023.

1. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    I agree with you, must have miscommunicated the intended sarcasm. Not everyone is cut out to be a truck driver. Some of these guys can't even back up a honda civic without hitting anything but these companies will do everything they can to put them behind the wheel. The spacial awareness, focus, and feel required to operate safely is just something not everyone is capable of.

Jchristian467 and 2Tap Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hope not dumb twucker

hope not dumb twucker Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    If not for trucking I think that would be pretty cool. I wouldn’t go back to my former occupation. But I said that before.

Jchristian467 and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was a backup plan. I went to the Coast Guard office in Memphis and got the Ordinary Seaman document, so I would be prepared. Later I needed something different and applied for a Ordinary Seaman job on a merchant ship in Singapore. Online, found a nice ocean front condo there by looking online. Wife refused to live in Singapore, so gave up on that one.

Zoltan1a and Jchristian467 Thank this.
  5. hope not dumb twucker

hope not dumb twucker Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Well that sucks she refused

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I know. I like Singapore. It's like a mixed bag of Asian ethnicities. Many speak English.
    ~
    Language education in Singapore. Students are taught subject-matter curriculum with English as the medium of instruction.
    ~
    What are the racial proportions among Singapore citizens?
    ~
    My wife is Chinese and I fall into the "Other" group in Singapore, me being White.

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  7. Jchristian467

Jchristian467 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2023
    I really do appreciate all of the help and advice, I have filled out a ton of applications already and will keep going. I will look into these deck hand jobs as well

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.