Should I go Oilfield instead?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by DRTDEVL, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    KD's is a BBQ joint at I-20 and 158 in Midland, NE corner, Their IS truck parking their and two Stripes ( T/S's) on the other side of I-20. It's the best BBQ we have found here in the last 6 months, only open Thursday through Saturday, unless they changed, but weren't open today when I went by :biggrin_25513:.
    I end up stopping by once or twice a month for the guy's. The only thing I really don't care for is their bean's, but that's not a problem, I'm fussy about my baked beans.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TrentonWD

TrentonWD Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2012
    For amazing BBQ try Sawyers in Barnhart, TX. ### Kicker sandwich. According to the cook if you can't cut it with a plastic fork I ain't doing my job.

BORNtoROAM Thanks this.
  4. Mad Frenchman

Mad Frenchman Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Texas
    you better get there early though, because they sell out pretty quick. Hopefully the new 'Speedy' will be open soon too, because the Red B is just:biggrin_2552:

5. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    So true, they were outa sausage once when I got their :biggrin_2551:. It was a bummer as I really wanted it for a dish I was making the next day. There are sign's that say they run out of stuff though.

6. BORNtoROAM

BORNtoROAM Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    the pipe hauling company i'm leased to is hiring company drivers. shoot me a pm if interested, OP (or anyone). no scheduled days off though lol. you request off whatever days you need to yourself. and they won't give you #### for it.

7. ATXCowboy

ATXCowboy Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2023
    Did you happen to finalize your SSDI claim? I know this post is old but I’m interested in knowing how vets who collect SSDI and VA benefits can become O/O truckers without having issues with the SSA or VA

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
  9. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Nope. I was only rated 70% and was already in the oilfield by the time the rating came in. Since then, oil crashed, I got a divorce, and I never really looked into fixing my rating until this past winter. I have a new intent to file submitted, and my VSO said there is a huge tabulation error in my ratings that should be back-paid to 2014 along with some new claims under the PACT Act.

I also now work in an office environment.

ATXCowboy Thanks this.
  10. ATXCowboy

ATXCowboy Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2023
    Sorry to hear man. Sounds like a lot has changed for you. Keep up the fight with the VA. It takes years often times but fight for your benefits. You earned them.

are you in El Paso? Curious how the trucking market is out in that direction

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I moved from El Paso to Las Cruces to escape my ex during the divorce, then to MN when my mother fell ill.

ATXCowboy and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.