Should I knock on this dude’s door or no?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by twelve25oh9, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I parked next to guy who had a window AC unit handing out his passenger window and was running it off a gas generator. Looked real ghetto too. And, the gas generator was seriously pumping out fumes. I was lucky enough the lot wasn't full, so I just moved. But, it did convince me to buy a carbon monoxide detector. It's a simply home one that runs off a 9 volt battery. I mounted it right by where I lay me head when I'm asleep. You never know and that $20 has brought me much peace of mind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. twelve25oh9

twelve25oh9 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    I looked into getting one online when I smelled that, because I thought it was my own truck at first lol!

Boondock and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I’d call in a health check. If the fumes are filling up your truck might be passed out in his.

Waterman_99, Tb0n3, JonJon78 and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Actually, that's a smart idea. At least I think it is. If he is OK, and I hope he is, it will also give him 'subtle' hint.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Reason #2 why I prefer to nose in when I have to park at a truckstop.

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Carbon monoxide is odorless, so you would never actually smell the fumes.

Boondock Thanks this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I have been meaning to pick up a detector for 4 years and still haven't. If I quit showing up here then maybe I waited one day too late.

9. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    He was probably from Brampton Ontario.

10. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I keep hearing this whenever someone calls someone else out on driving a piece of S that is not maintained or a person that is just an inconsiderate turd. Yet in my 34 years of being out here I haven’t been swung on yet for calling someone out on said offenses....so where are all these MMA fighter/ truck drivers??

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Is this at a truck stop or a rest stop? If at a truck stop are you the only one effected by this noise? What you need to do is get a few people on your side I'm sure your not the only one effected by the noise, I mean years ago when I was hauling reefers this was enough to annoy the trucks parked next to me also, however most of the newer fridge motors were fairly quiet, and I also had to try and sleep with the motor running only a few feet behind my cab. For me personally a constant noise was not very annoying, it is only noises that have a gap, like a clock ticking, a tap dripping or a dog barking that will peeve me off. But each to their own it you think the noise is at a level that would annoy most people I would try and talk to the driver depending on what hour it was, however you will have to do so tactfully and I'd make sure you had someone with you when you did so as support or as a witness, if its at a truck stop they may hire security you could perhaps ask them for assistance and see if they are willing to help.

twelve25oh9, Pamela1990 and Boondock Thank this.
  12. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Couldn't be. He's still stuck trying to get into the McDonald's drive thru!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.