Should I knock on this dude’s door or no?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by twelve25oh9, Dec 2, 2021.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'd at least wait for them to come out and then ask while they're out and about. Make it as non confrontational as possible.

I know I have to keep my truck on all week until I get my runs done. Electrical issues(possible wonky alternator) and the shop told me to leave it on. Normally I have it off if the temp is comfy and parked. But I've had battery drain issues the two weeks I've had this truck(regular ones in the shop due to fan belt issues).

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. twelve25oh9

twelve25oh9 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    You don’t get it. That’s okay. The problem was solved.

4. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Probably a foreigner that could care less about America other then he knows he can make money here. Therefore he has no consideration for the people around him.

5. noworrez

noworrez Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2020
    I've done this :) I don't sleep for sh** anyway so while the noise is bothersome, the harmonic vibration that results drives me F'*** bonkers. Probably why I don't park at truck stops, rest areas if I can help it and look for parking around shipper/receiver and side streets.

6. SomeCanadian

SomeCanadian Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2021
    I’m sorry about that, I wasn’t permitted to idle. It might look bad but at $3 in gas a night it works. I actually think a co detector should be mandatory equipment for any truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.