should i pay my driver BEFORE/AFTER FUEL COST

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by freddie900, Jan 31, 2010.

HOW SHOULD I PAY MY DRIVER

1. *

BEFORE DEDUCTION OF FUEL

25.6%
  2. *

AFTER DEDUCTION OF FUEL

7.0%
  3. *

BEFORE DEDUCTION OF FUEL & INSURANCE

65.1%
  4. *

AFTER DEDUCTION OF FUEL & INSURANCE

11.6%
  1. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    YOU cannot "write up a contract" that violates law with-out being outside the law yourself.
    A "LAWYER" wouldn't even do that, and I know YOU aren't a Lawyer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    "Gramps"????
    If I'm "gramps", then your parents started REAL young.............

I'm jes sayin..........

4. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You offered to "write the contract" which isn't much different than "offering legal advice"........
    Before you jump down ANYONE's throat about "reading college courses"; perhaps you should take one on ETHICS yourself, as it appears you are mighty short of it on your own.

5. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    "How it was done" before is besides the point that it was against the law THEN and against the law NOW.
    You cannot legally work as a "1099 Contractor" if you don't "qualify" as such.
    The IRS is very clear about WHO can qualify as a "1099 Contractor", and being a truck driver doesn't qualify.
    Since you ignored the link in the three other times I posted it, I will post it again. Perhaps it will sink past your ears this time:
    http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=99921,00.html

6. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    there is alot of fear and misunderstaning about working as a 1099 contractor -- quote by LavenderTrucker

There are some carriers paying drivers without taking out taxes. They're paying them around 30 to 35 cents a mile. They're screwing these drivers over. I'm just passing this info on to you so you know it. It's nothing new because contractors in the building trades have been doing the same thing for years. It's an old scam. You and others seem to think it's acceptable. It isn't because it's part of the process of reducing our labor standards in America to a travesty.

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That's strange . I thought a contract was a legal document so wouldn't be writing and recommending a contract be giving legal advice ?
    I'd say the percentage of successful drivers out here that never went to college is much higher than those who spent time in college reading those books you recommend . I'd also say there is a very high number of college graduates that don't last 2 months after leaving a CDL mill .

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    With the grammatical , spelling , and punctuation errors you've made in this and other posts I think you should be the one taking a break from giving unneeded advice and spend some time reading some grammar school books .

slabrunner Thanks this.
  9. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE

I understand what you are saying... However, when I was a Marketing Assistant I was a 109 contractor and did not own the building my offce was in, nor did I own the desk I worked at, the chair I sat in, the computer and equipment I used, the fica plant in my office and so on...
    Also, they could tell me there was a 7am meeting I had to attend, that they needed this report by this time, and how they wanted it presented, power point, written report or whatever...

I hired a lawn service that I pay on a 1099 basis and I can tell them that I don't want them there between 8am and 4pm, I want this or that... or I will contract with somone else...

10. freddie900

freddie900 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2010
    indiana
    driver will have workers comp before starting work. it will cost me 30.00 a week through the leasing company. i'm checking around to see if that's a fair price.

slabrunner Thanks this.
  11. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thats a good price, can cost $100 a week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.