Should I put my truck in the shop?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by maya07, Nov 23, 2021.

1. maya07

maya07 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Thank you, for nothing . Have a wonderful day

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maya07

maya07 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Isn’t life just great when you get a kick out of someone’s issue. I really hope you do not come across an issue in life where you get stupid response as yours.

4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    To answer your question, YES……. take it to a shop, BUT, find a shop that strictly does drivetrain,(transmission, clutches, rear ends). Do NOT take it a “Stealership”. Your issue sounds like a clutch problem.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  5. TJB15

TJB15 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2020
    What he said

6. South of heaven

South of heaven Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2021
    I would join a Facebook group for Kenworth or Cummins. I have a Volvo and the Volvo Facebook group has been a GODSEND. There are actual Volvo mechanics who participate in the group.....not just armchair clown's

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Basic education before you become a driver is necessary for the safe operation of a semi truck. If you can't identify a slipping clutch, how will you understand a warped drum, hanging brake, ungreased kingpins, hanging s cam? You will not. You will be one more unsafe driver due to lack of basic mechanical knowledge. A slipping clutch is the most simple problem to diagnose in a semi truck, aside from a flat steer tire.

8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Better grow some thicker skin if you wanna hang with this crowd. Yeah no everyone automatically knows everything and we all gotta learn but... I find it most amusing that someone else you talked to recommended fuel treatment. Most other drivers are just as clueless. People around here may give you a hard time but they are also willing to help and are usually pretty good at it

9. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    The 680 has a hydraulic clutch linkage and is not so easy to pick out that the clutch has no freeplay.

OP- Feel for the clutch brake to go away and the pedal to hit the floor. This is a good indicator that the clutch is out of adjustment. Otherwise, get the clutch adjustment checked at your PM service. With any luck, hopefully it is just in need of adjustment, not replacement. If its a solo, its new clutch time.

10. LightninMcQueen001

LightninMcQueen001 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Depends where you're at or from my t660 clutch was about 2000 installed if I remember right new clutch brake and adjusted

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Why is your clutch slipping at such low mileage on it?

shooter19802003 Thanks this.
  12. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Lol bad driver I bet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.