Should I quit my job before or after going to orientation?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stylez80Nine, Dec 15, 2018.

1. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    You either jump at this , and make it work, or you never find out if you could have.......its just a matter of which scenario do u think you gonna live more comfortably with?

stylez80Nine Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. weirdpuckett

Jul 14, 2010
    P.S .......if you go to Prime and do well, you gonna be able to get 40 grand a year ............within a short time period.....some pain is required......as it was for ALL who are here........

stylez80Nine Thanks this.
  4. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    They mostly likely will, because you must log every hour of the week that is why they want you to leave the other job,

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    He doesn’t have his CDL yet so he’d just be going to their training. HOS doesn’t apply in this case.

6. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Ones he is there it will apply

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Not for their school. He’s going there to get his CDL.

8. weirdpuckett

Jul 14, 2010
    I wouldnt have any problem explaining to any employer that I am making a switch to better my financial situation ......in fact, I just recently did JUST THAT.......

9. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    I understand that but I want to get through the physical part as I gain some
    Weight b4 I leave my job

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Just be honest with your employer
    ....tell them exactly what you plan on doing but you're not sure it will work out and if it doesn't work out you'd like come back and start at the bottom.

As a veteran in this industry i will say that you can't believe all the hype a trucking company will feed you.

Farmerbob1 and stylez80Nine Thank this.
  11. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    If I leave there’s no chance in hell I want to come back or they will have me back and I know it ain’t going to be easy but I belive that everything in life is what u make it if I work hard and smart I can make money same as every thing people decide to do in life and I really appreciate your input

12. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I think there used to be something in the rule book that said you couldn’t work under multiple authority.. so, if you are working for a trucking company under their authority and you go to get another job with another company you have to sever yourself from that 1st company before you can be hired on completely at the 2nd... not sure about this tho

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.