should i take boyd up on the offer???

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by tchrist, Jun 10, 2013.

1. tchrist

tchrist Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I have actually got a prehire from roehl. You seem to like them
    I was going to do the Midwest regional but got scared off by
    by the hair follicle test which makes me look bad
    but I have smoked 3 times in my life so I wouldn't wanna fail the test.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why not spend a few bucks on your own hair follicle test and then you'll know, passing up on an opportunity because of an unknown makes no sense.

vhughes Thanks this.
  4. tchrist

tchrist Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I don't know how far back they go.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Also, check Hunt Transportation, which is on Crete website. It's a flatbed company out of Omaha, NE.

Check System Transport, an excellent flatbed outfit.

Both these companies will hire new CDL school grads & can apply online.

6. TreeMac

TreeMac Bobtail Member

May 24, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    The hair follicle test goes back 90 days on head hair, which is where they will take the sample from, unless you don't have enough hair there for them to take. Body hair, on the other hand, goes back as far as 1 year. If you have only smoked 3 times in your life then you have nothing to worry about. I don't do drugs, but have been through the hair follicle test. It's no big deal, except they will ruin a good hair cut. LOL

7. vhughes

vhughes Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2012
    alabama
    how well do you like driving for them? How much oversized do you haul?

8. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    I did some looking into System Transport and talked to drivers over the years and it seems things are good except the pay in some divisions......depends on what your cupOtea is ?

9. FlexinTarzan

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    I did some looking into System Transport and talked to drivers over the years and it seems things are good except the pay in some divisions......depends on what your cupOtea is ?

10. FlexinTarzan

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR

11. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Ok, for the one driver that bashed Boyd and the trucks has no idea what he is saying. I left them just in June. Loved the company and loved the people but the miles weren't where I wanted them the last year. The trucks are all new prostars, there are a few older ones still in the system. Service is all fine, they are under warranty. The just got in some Cascadias in to test out; Internationals have electrical and EGR issues. As for the ladders any will work, you will very seldom need it but it is nice to have. I did oversize and loved it, they are looking at revamping the oversize pay. Like the one poster said, look into Hunt or find a company that is near NE that would be able to handle your hometime. I always pulled farm irrigation out of NE. Also keep in mind that flatbed will start to get slower in a couple months. The only truth to that post was about the tarps, they are always getting torn up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.