Sign the petition on the new elog mandate!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 379exhd, Mar 24, 2014.

1. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Hey I started the thread and didn't realize it made it to 19 pages. It topped at like 1800 signatures I believe. I'm starting to believe this elog bullcrap is just like the president, everybody will whine and cry about the president but they don't vote. What is a person to do now days. Completely sad its like me and Joseph have talked about in the past. Elogs may work for some but they don't work for everybody. If it works for somebody great it don't work for me.

I have a good way of explaining elogs...they're like a males reproductive organ...its fine to have one, its perfectly fine to be proud of it, but DONT try and shove it down my throat death or serious injury may occur. Other half of the problem is too many crack pots say the cowboys are the problem and that's why there is so much regulation. Yet not many have realized NO LAW that has been passed in the past 15 years has been passed for safety they've been passed for revenue. I've seen more elog trucks in the ditch than I have paper drivers makes a person wonder if the problem is speed and governors, or driver training.

There's a video that a person should watch its by the guy that pulled for K&B and then decided to abandon a truck and make a video called the ugly truth of trucking Abe I guess. Well idiot made a video explaining why trucking had so much regulation, because a driver blew by him one night when he was in the left truck lane running 55. He said its guys like that are the problem when in reality if you look at the safety studies the FMCSA skews every time thy do one the companies that they use are on elogs and have governors and have had them for 10 years and they're still not any safer...let's not forget the ex chairman of qualcrap gave Obama a rather large sum of money, but....that's leaning towards politics not getting into that in this area be safe out there y'all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Preaching to the choir. Always been a fan of paper, myself.

379exhd Thanks this.
  4. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    1 day guys with chicken lights will learn the law is not a suggestion :)

5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    You are right it's more than a suggestion. My chicken lights have not a thing to do with whether I choose or do not choose to follow it. I have assumed in the past every body that drives for a mega is less than average. I was corrected by a good hand on it. Unlike most I can admit my faults and apologize to some one when wrong. But wait I have chicken lights chrome straight pipes Manuel engine and pull a bull wagon. It's about a choice that should be mine. I don't down you for being a company hand on elogs, you are happy that makes you successful in life. My ideas are different than yours that doesn't make me sums or a super trucker. I hope they don't but circumstances could change for you that could change your current position. With no choices available well you see where I am headed

379exhd and Joetro Thank this.
  6. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Blah blah blah here's a quarter. Go put on another chicken light :)

7. Cowmobile

Cowmobile Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    The hammer lane....
    Can you really afford to be giving money away making .30 cpm?

wore out, 379exhd, gokiddogo and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    I found the quarter while I was collecting cans. I pass on the good fortune. That I was blessed with. :)

9. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Sorry, I just wiped with it:bootyshake:

Joetro and wore out Thank this.
  10. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Well I ain't never. Gee wilikers!!

11. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Ha, Original

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.