Silly-don #101

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by Celadon987895, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Celadon987895

Celadon987895 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Waukesha,Wi
    I worked for Celadon for 4yrs 8months..I didn't care for the people who supported the driver but the equiptment was nice:1st truck was a Volvo 780(alot of room/didn't like the headlites),2nd truck was a Frreightliner.. Columbia(trucker friendly,good storage)..3rd and last was a 13-letter ##### spreader/International Prostar..(International did make farm equipt way back when Jesus was a private)..I lost storage and a good ground to hookup my BIG RADIO(Connex 4300-300)..I ran a Magnum S-9 W/a 667 TS in the Volvo(I turned on the lites in the sleeper when I keyed up)..no problems with the Columbia except just like the Prostar the visor above the windshield leaked water inside when it rained..Celadon didn't care..I had the Columbia in the shop 7-times and it still leaked(I glued a milk jug to the w/shield to collect the water)..Celadon would not cover whatever the water may had damaged,including CB's..Celadon talks about STRAIGHT TALK..they still put out in their advertisement:.34-cents start,upto $1,500 bonus for every 30,000 miles driven plus a week off,401k,yearly bonus,Idle Aire,new equipt..MILES,HOMETIME,BEST EQUIPT..Do recruiters actually tell the truth..the economic slowdown put a WHAMMY on everything, especially the trucking business:Celadon impoosed a pay freeze,a 40% reduction in the bonus(30,000),nolonger contributes to the 401k,drivers pay the full price minus whatever discount Celadon may get outta Idle Aire
    New drivers get whatever the former drivers had but new equipt..the Prostars seemed to be given to the older drivers..the ones that mayhave been here abit longer than you..maybe a month or 2..if you want to run a microwave or anything that draws power,Celadon wants you to go thru Stoops to install the battery hookup(if you can afford it..even if you can't)..Orientation at Indy:anyone been to prison?..they have rooms at the terminal(no working windows,for thoose that may come during fall or winter..bring a blanket or sleeping bag)..they do have a cafeteria..the food i got during USMC Boot Camp was tastier..there is alot more I want to say but for me,its getting late but till another time...........:biggrin_25521:

billsgirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ThreadingToolGuy

ThreadingToolGuy Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Hey, and welcome! FYI about the Inverter - not anymore. They got canceled approx. 5 months ago due to some driver frying his truck and almost himself.

Regardless, sorry to hear about your experience, but War Stories with this company are not hard to come by, I'm afraid.

The "only" other criticism I would make about your post would relate to "for the people who supported the driver" and ask that I hope you were not including the Shop Personnel. Some "questionable", sure; but my experience has been that they are some of the best! Unfortunately, that is about the only positive "driver support" personnel comment I have to offer. :biggrin_25513:

4. Croosbronx Expressway

Croosbronx Expressway Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    Another company that treats it's drivers like garbage. They write checks they know they can't cash. Again and again... Where is the loyalty? It's all about the almighty dollar. They can care less about their drivers. Amazing how the company's vital asset gets treated like dirt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.