Silly question, how often do truckers shower?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mm121, May 6, 2006.

1. mm121

mm121 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Another silly question, how often do truckers shower while on the road? It seems that at $6.50 per shower at a truck stop, showering can get quite expensive? Inquiring mind wants to know. :D MM

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Inprogress80

Inprogress80 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Cleveland, Georgia
    There are other ways too clean. Some toilets have sink in with them. All you need is soap, and a rag, of face towel. Just be nice enough to dry and clean up after your self.

4. Redneck

Redneck BANNED

Dec 5, 2005
    Chillicothe,OH
    When I hauled freight I showered daily. I also never paid for any shower. When you fuel you get shower coupons, or if you have the point card's from the various truckstops everytime you fuel you get a shower and point's if you get 50 gallons of fuel or more.
    Most truckstops the people behind the fuel desk could care less about the shower cost they will usually give you a shower at no cost.
    Or you may have to put a deposit down but after the shower you get your money back.

Anybody know if the turnpike plaza's in Ohio still gives free shower's if you supply a towel and everything whether you are fueling or not?

I know it use to, I do not know if Indiana or Penn do this.

5. Cocky

Cocky Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2005
    I try to hit the shower as often as possible. Normally for me it comes out to about 3-4 times per week. I never pay for them as I shower for free with fuel purchases.

I can shower every single day without much problem, but I run myself pretty hard whenever I can, so I normally swab myself down with a few baby wipes when I am not in a position to shower.

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    I try to shower every day,but if there's a long waiting list ,I keep baby wipes in the truck with me, parents choice at walmart are the best,they aren't scented and they don't leave little nubbles on your face. there's really no reason to be dirty. I can't beleive the guys that go to the restroom and don't wash thier hands, right to the buffet they go. My father would make us wash always, and god pity you if you didn't,its funny how certain things stick to your mind even when they are way up there watching us. Gee, that would be a great topic to ask us all. THINGS OUR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS<SCHOOL TEACHERS THAT WE ALWAYS DO LATER IN YEARS> I DON"T KNOW HOW TO POST ONE OF THESE<I just about know how to add my opinion on this site,but I love it.

7. littlebit

littlebit Light Load Member

May 27, 2006
    I tried to shower everyday. The longest I ever went was two days.

8. truckntim80

truckntim80 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Cookeville, TN

Not really a silly question – but this question is pretty serious and probably would offend some drivers. I showered almost everyday and longest I went was 2 days. I don’t see how some people can go longer and they probably don’t have baby wipes in the truck!! I’ve probably paid for 2-3 showers when I was out there and all other were free with fuel purchase.

9. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    hubby has paid for a couple on the east coast at travel plazas but most times they are free just like everyone else has said, he hits the shower everynight, and finds he sleeps better after a nice hot shower and a fresh set of sheets on the bunk.

10. azraelle

azraelle Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Saint George, UT
    Working at a truck stop for 2+ years now, I have unique insight as to this question. If truckers, in general, showered every day, or every other day, it seems to me that the amount of showers sold (and consequently cleaned), would be pretty much the same every day of the week. Not so! Tuesday's and Wednesday's are by far the busiest, followed by Friday's, to a much lesser extent, tapering off to almost nothing, comparatively, on weekends, suggesting showering is a middle of the week affair, or perhaps mid-week, followed by a quick one just before coming home. Or, in other words, once or twice a week!

11. TruckDriver05

TruckDriver05 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Somewhere Out There
    I shower everyday. There has been a couple times when I wasn't able to get a shower, but you learn quickly that baby wipes are your best friend when driving. They have several uses...you can clean your body with them and also use them to maintain a tidy cab.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.