Silly question, how often do truckers shower?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mm121, May 6, 2006.

1. i.romero1515

i.romero1515 Bobtail Member

My dear friend the hygene habit vary from truck driver to truck driver. I for the most part shower before leaving the house and try two shower at least every other day when out on the road for weeks at the time. I can tell you that most of the fuel stations will give you a shower coupon when you fuel up. This means that the showers are for free. But to be honest with you i let the situations dictate the shower schedule due to wether unconsistencies, traffic, lost of time loading and unloading and were you end up when your drive time has expired. But me as a truck somites shower every day and sometimes did not shower in four days because of situations.......... Have a good day curious friend and may god bless always.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I shower once a year whether i need it or not,, NO im joking i shower everyday,, i couldnt go without a shower to long without going nuts.

4. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I average a shower every other day for the most part, However occasionally it may be every 3rd day depending on how my running is. Even if I don't shower I keep babywipes and seabreeze to clean up with.

5. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    I try for a shower every day. I can go 36hrs before before I get uncomfortable. 48 hrs is too long. Gotta keep baby wipes and cotton balls and rubbing alcohol for emergencies.

6. markk

markk Medium Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wow a very old thread.

Well anyway I thought I would add my 2 cents in just for fun. Because I know how to keep clean with no truck stop around.
    I have never used a truck stop shower. I could as I get plenty of them when fueling at different stops but what i do requires me to run all I can. I am usually not in a stop when I shut down. Rest stops , co-ops , truck parking areas and side of roads etc...

When I hauled grain I hauled a lot of DDG and that is a lot of hot sweaty stinking work. Rarely see a truck stop.
    Usually parked on side of road or in grain elevator or farm , feed lot etc. What I did then was go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap 12Volt pump. Hooked up garden hose to a 5 gallon gas can painted black on back of my truck. 120 degree water via sun light. Other end of pump , garden hose and shower head.
    I just hopped out in swim trunks and soaped up rinsed off right on back of truck. No stink complaints from the girls in scale house !

When I went to cement as I do now I do not use that but what I do since I am not home now and then is use no rinse body wash from Walgreens. there is better stuff from NO Rinse but you have to order it online. This is the same stuff hospitals use to give you a ##### bath and astronaughts use it.
    I have a large bowl. I heat up a glass of water in microwave. Put in a cap or two of soap and use a thin hand towel for a was rag. Wash on wipe off with soft cotton towel. Works pretty good. Toss the water out the door.

Building me another shower. A small tub from dollar general. A shower curtain. Gluing it around tub. Going to stand in tub and spray on hot water. Going to use a propane hot water shower from probably cabelas. Good investment. Well if you do not have a truck stop handy all the time which I do not.

Well that is my 2 cents or 1 penny maybe.

homeskillet and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I maintained a bucket of supplies that are capable of sanitizing a human being or two (Wife and I) when necessary. it's pretty pricey. A good rain storm that is verified to last at least a hour on radar helps to get things clean as well. Just need a big towel to dry when done.

We cleaned up often and disinfected the truck once or twice a week.

We got showers when we had time, two or three times a week. However as stated before a bucket with a batch of cleaning wipes and so on helps when there isnt any for love or money.

Once in a while we would have to go a week or more without a shower. It's not ideal but it is what it is. We try not to really get dirty like some of the slobs I have had the misfortune to see come and go over the years.

8. TruckerSingh

TruckerSingh Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2018
    I shower everyday. The best time I've discovered is during the early morning hours. That's when they're least busy. At night, almost all showers are full because most truckers shower at night.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  9. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Shop towels and foam soap, quick easy way to freshen up. Shower prices are more than double the price they were when this thread started. I’m usually showering 2-3 days, freshening up during those days often due to exercises.

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Shower daily. I fuel at Pilot/Flying J so I have shower power.

I've still spent $473 this year on showers with cash for the nights I've spent at truck stops that arent affiliated with PFJ... Out of convenience. I dont mind paying for a shower.

11. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    I take golden showers every day. Never shortage of pee bottles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.