Silva's BBQ, Weed, CA

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joseph1135, Jul 13, 2014.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Getting off I-5 exit 745 in Weed, CA, there's a Pilot and a McD's with truck parking, actually, you can park just about anywhere that's not in the way. I never had time to have a meal here or when I stopped it was closed or closing. I had the opportunity today. And I wish I can say that it was good. It is not. I got the brisket dinner, with garlic bread, mashed potatoes and a salad. Not one part was good, except for the cold diet soda. The cheese on the salad was clumped together, the brisket was way fatty and the mashed potatoes were, uh, hard. The bathroom was a mess, and there was a contraption on the wall that may have been a hand dryer at one time, you just never know. It was a $14 meal, and you'd have better luck stopping at a Dickies for a BBQ meal than here. Everything is in walking distance here, so you're better off strolling to one of the other quick serve restaurants than eating at Silva's.

skellr, TruckDuo and albert l Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    California and BBQ are not two words I ever think of together. I will stick with eating the excellent BBQ here in Texas. :)

joseph1135, Stew209 and Convoy Thank this.
  4. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    If you run I-5 south, in Patterson CA, get off on the Sperry Rd ex, hang a left. You'll see a Denny's there. You can park behind the Denny's. Next door there's a small strip mall, go to Apricot Woods. Best BBQ in the US, hands down!

albert l, Bigox3k and joseph1135 Thank this.
  5. ErikN

ErikN Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Washington state
    There's restaurant called "Mcdonalds" they have a location in Weed off of that exit, they mainly do burgers, but seasonally if you like BBQ they have a sandwich called the " mcrib" it's awesome, and only like 3.99, 7.59 + tax if you want fries and a soda,

that's my BBQ recommendation for that exit

joseph1135 and Stew209 Thank this.
  6. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    $14 for a BBQ dinner is a huge RED FLAG to me. The best BBQ places I have ever been to have all been in good ole Texas. The "Big Texan" in Amarillo has some awesome steaks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.