Since I am not a rookie and doing fairly well I find it funny..........

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Sep 1, 2015.

1. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    It might help if states would realize we need space to turn down a street and put the white line further back. When I need to make a wide turn to ask a car to move back out of my way they look at me like they're doing me a favor..

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. finbyrd

finbyrd Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    When I had to go down state highways in pa I just turned wide and stopped in front of them. There was literally nothing else for me to do unless I wanted to run of the crosswalk signs so I just give them a blank stare till they all move back.

4. kiwi23

kiwi23 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Pedestrian Xing my favourite roll down the window and point at it while hard on the Jake as they Jay walk

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I wonder if I can get one of the homeless guys at the truck stop to unload my truck cheaper than a lumper and keep most of the profit. That would at least get me on unemployment quicker hhhmmmm

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  6. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    I scared a woman once while I was making a left turn. She went psycho and proceeded to make an illegal U-turn on a red light and follow me 5 miles down the road to where I was making my drop. Cue her throwing a temper tantrum saying she was going to call the police and have me arrested. Nothing, of course, ever came of it. I'm sure the police dispatch asked if I'd actually hit her, and that if I hadn't, they probably had actual crimes to work on in the city. They don't yet issue tickets for butthurt.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I guess it never fazed me because my dad races (used to anyway) sail boats. He would pick a mark from 3 miles away and close less than half an inch on it. He'd take me with him on heavy blow days when he needed extra weight in the boat.

Then when I started racing cars myself I learned how to pick apexes for the fastest line though a corner. If there was chewing gum on the ground in the right spot that was my target.

So in a truck it's all about putting it where you want to put it. That's 90% of the skill right there.

Now if I come around a corner and I can't clear? I set the brakes and get a newspaper out. If somebody blows past a stopline by two car lengths that's on them.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Chances are that homeless guy would do the job a hell of a lot better and quicker than the actual lumper service. Lol

9. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Not likely. Every place I've ever had to make a turn where the lines were way back had the same problems. After a while, people just get used to not having a truck turning around the corner every time they stop there, so they just go up like it's a normal stop. The best thing is to just begin the turn. During the next light change they will all move out of the way.

My vote for most courteous 4 wheelers is Bloomer, WI. There is an ALL WAY stop there on the truck route through town. Trucks have to make a 120 degree right turn and the cars almost always stop way back. I even had the school crossing guard stop traffic from the other road before I even got there. He saw me coming and just stepped out with his sign to stop cars and waved me through. Oh... and they always wave too.

austinmike, mjd4277, Infosaur and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I love that. When they put the line way far back so trucks can make the turn and people are too stupid to look. I just get in the intersection and wait. If I can't move and they won't I'll just put the parking brake on and take a little brake. Then laugh as they have trouble backing up in a straight line.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    ^Happened to me all the time in parts of Pennsylvania and Virginia. Gotta love those close quarters intersections.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.