Sitton Motor Lines going out of business!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rookietrucker, Nov 5, 2009.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Report: Missouri-based Sitton Motor Lines to close

Beechvtail and kickin chicken Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Wow, here it comes, who's next? Any wagers ????

4. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
  5. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

YRC....Maybe the govt should buy them. They don't own a trucking company yet do they ??!! Too bad about Sitton, one of the better ones.....

Beechvtail Thanks this.
  6. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    I wonder if they were losing money so they are just shutting down to preserve what they got left? I talked to one of their recruiters a long time ago and he said they were big into Harley Davidson hauling. Nobody buying bikes I bet or anything for that matter.

7. woflpack1967

woflpack1967 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2009
    winston-salem nc
    dang more drivers out of work.:biggrin_25513:

8. Ignatius

Ignatius Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Tanasi
    I used to amazed... Now, I'm only disgusted.

9. truckn80

truckn80 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2009
    unknown, tn
    they been failing for at least 18 mos. lots of poor mgmnt choices. the employees are getting no severance, already no insurance, NOTHING!!!! used to think they'd be good to work for. HA! not now!

10. StevenBMcDaniel

StevenBMcDaniel Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Macon, Ga
    Yes they are! Ive driving for them about 3 yrs and now they are saying that they will run us by the house to unload our stuff and come back to Joplin. Well, now im on a load to Joplin and theyre saying they cant send me home so im screwed on that one..Anyway, I live in Macon, Ga and Im looking for a decent company to drive for! I do otr but i stay out 3 weeks and take off 4 days or 4 weeks and take off 5. Pay is about 35 cpm and miles are about 2800 avg. per week...Just trying to get on with a reputable company with the same options. And I dont like that per diem #### some companies try to force on you. I have turned 2 down so far for doing that...Any ideas, guys and gals? STEVE

11. StevenBMcDaniel

StevenBMcDaniel Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Macon, Ga
    yea i work for them and we were supposed to be ran by the house to unload our stuff and given a bus ticket home...well guess what..i havent been home 4 weeks and Im on a load to Joplin, Mo...send me home? right
    guess i better get prepared for some way to ship my stuff home and pay out the wazooka for it! Thanks alot Sitton!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.