Sitton Motor Lines going out of business!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rookietrucker, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    Well if nothing else, you'll have some familiar faces when you get to Con-way. Have some office folks, and drivers apply and come over to Truckload.
    Welcome aboard

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. outcold356

outcold356 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2009
    higginsville,mo
    sitton was a great company for years then dick's dad died "david L sitton" and it was ok for a few years but then in the start of the 2000 they started down hill dick let his boys try and run the company and they did such a crappy job he had to come back out of retirement and try and save the company but couldn't my father drove for them for 11 years and was a millon miler for them he would still be there if he didn't lose his leg i'm glad he died back in march cause it would have killed him to see them go i also spent 8 years with the company and they was good to me at times and bad st others but it was a great run they will be missed NO BODY IS PERFECT

4. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    First off I got to ask. Do you think your that good that in this job market you can just turn down jobs and still find one? There is no perfect job, if they have this they don't have that. If they don't do per diem then there home time sucks. I would take the best I could find and go with it. The longer you are out of trucking the harder it will be to get hired. After 6 mos it could be really hard and you will have to take what every crappy job some one will give you. So don't be to picky. I can tell you about one that will pay you .36 a mile, let you run 10 days or 10 months what ever you want. Give you 1 day off for every 5 out. Take the truck home. Be at home up to 7 days with the truck. They run freightliners, KW's and Pete's you may start out with something you don't like because thats what they have but you can request something else. You plan your routs and fuel stops. I run avg of 2700 a week and take home $700 or more every week. But they do have per diem, which drives me crazy, but it is a small thing to get a job that gets me home on time every time.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Can a company that ran out of buisness really piss on your DAC anyway?

"I got fired by a bunch of morons that couldn't figure out a Profit/Loss book!"

Run past the house, ditch your gear, show up at HQ with a nice clean truck for the auctioneer.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    No , DAC companies just won't hire you if you don't have documentation to verify your employment there .

7. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    The winner was ARROW!

8. Jeff Carleton

Jeff Carleton Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Texas
    Well I think its a shame they closed down they were a good company with for the most part great people I worked for them off and on between 2001 and 2007 they were with few exceptions always fair with me they got me home on time my pay was there,when my Grandmother passed away Amy my fleet manager got me a trip from Kansas to NJ
    Then let my take the truck and trailer out to Long Island they paid the tolls fuel and said take as much time as you need.Now that's a company that cared about it's people. So sad they closed.

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Dude, this is an 8 year old dead thread.

poppapump1332 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    The sorrow lingers.

11. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Barbara. They're coming to get you, Barbara.

JohnBoy and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.