Sleep Apnea / Team Driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Wild Murphy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    The only time I ever teamed was at the end of my training... my trainer then had sleep apena and used a cpap machine... as said already, when I was driving I didn't hear him or the cpap machine and was not in anyway bothered..

He was a sound sleeper.. so the machine obviously helped... I had no trouble sleeping wnile be was driving.. he was well rested and a good safe driver... I was more sleep deprived than ne was, only cause it takes time to learn to sleep in a moving truck.. but, if I had trouble sleeping one nignt I usuallh slept hard the next cause I was tired enough to sleep...

Sleep apena and the cpap machine is not a big issue in teaming...

Wild Murphy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    a machine can make one a lot quieter, my wife had to get used to me being so quiet since before the machine I snored loud and with the machine the snoring is hardly any at all if I even snore now.

Wild Murphy Thanks this.
  4. James Johnson

James Johnson Light Load Member

May 27, 2017
    If you have sound proof windows and curtains close that should do the work. I use to have a serious sleeping apnea but not as bad. So, tried that if you have sound proof then nothing shouldn't wake up the other truckers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.