Sleep study tonight (2nd try)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by UKwildcatfan, Feb 27, 2017.

1. UKwildcatfan

UKwildcatfan Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Hey all, I have my second attempt at a sleep study tonight. I tried the first time last week but could not sleep a wink, so I get to try again tonight. I am off work today and tomorrow and have been up since 3am. Can anyone give me advice on how to actually get to sleep tonight? The doctor prescribed me a Xanax to take before the study, I have never taken Xanax, so I don't know how it will make me feel. The sleep study is at 8pm.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe @Thull can help.
    Good luck anyway. You need to get this done and get out on the highways running hard and seeing the country.

UKwildcatfan Thanks this.
  4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Xanax will relax you.

5. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Do you think I could sleep? How does it make you feel? The only drug I have ever did was smoke weed and it made me paranoid.

6. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    Read a book... puts me right out every time.

When I went to my study and got wrapped in those wires, I thought I would never get to sleep. After actually falling asleep, I was later woke up to be told I needed to go on the CPAP machine... The tech puts the mask on me, and I gotta Weird! is an understatement. Now I REALLY laid there and thought; I will never get back to sleep. But I was woke sometime later, to be told that the study was over... Wow! Again, I managed sleep... and realised that for the first time in years, I had dreamed!

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Once you take it in about 15 minutes you wont give a #### if it's judgement day at hand. Trust me on this. By the first hour you will be wanting a nap. if you aint settled in by then.

People like that stuff, some of them anyhow. Ive used some of that twice in my life for stress related issues. But I had to put it down and tell the doc no thanks. Pay the the devil to be happy today but be in jail tonight if I killed someone driving a freaking car on that stuff. The second time it was about 18 months before my body restored normal.

I use diaezam and only for certain medical work and it's out of the system in a couple hours. It's a nice little pill. Maybe once a year. #### the doctors...

A reminder. Once you pop that pill. No driving no nothing. No legal papers or problems. All of that is going to go bye bye.

UKwildcatfan Thanks this.
  8. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Lol, I want a nap right now, but I'm not going to take one. I'm kind of looking forward to how good the Xanax will make me feel then lol.

9. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    No problems? Really lol? I better hide my phone or I will be cursing my ex out on FB.

x1Heavy and SHOJim Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One tip.

DO NOT play music that sticks in your head with that stuff. You will be two weeks going nuts to get it out.

The drug itself is actually a form of hypnotic they say. so...

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  11. UKwildcatfan

Feb 11, 2017
    I'm kind of looking forward to getting legally F'd up. I may take some otc sleep aid too. Just to make sure I sleep great.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.