Sleeper Time

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jraulpilot1998, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    facepalm.jpg

Kyle G. and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    swervyjoe, MysticHZ, Longarm and 5 others Thank this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

6. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    While you're relieving yourself into a milk jug in the drivers seat. Back arched up, cruise control on, steering with your knees, one hand on the jug and one on your stinky junk.

7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I gotta' tell ya'....it ain't easy to roll a truck........Anyone that rolls a truck is WAY past the crazy line. Safe and sane driving gets you there .. . .. Safely ! Idiot driving gets you into trouble ! To lay over 60, 70, 80 thousand lbs is a feat in itself. I'll debate this with anyone.......

8. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    You ever driven a smooth bore?

I bet any amount of money I could roll over my truck if I wanted too. Sweeping curve outside lane loaded with the hammer down I could do it.

9. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I'll disagree with that. It does take a lot, but an inexperienced driver could easily go past that point without realizing that they were doing so, and certainly bring way past the crazy line.

The fact is that trucks, especially with a relatively high center of gravity load, are inherrantly unstable, and going around curves, all that weight acts against you, not for you. Add in some unlucky bumps or potholes, and you can see a truck go over.

10. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    One thing i’ve noticed that seems to cause a lot of rollovers, especially with tankers, is roundabouts. There is an ethanol plant in the town north of me, and you have to go through 3 roundabouts right in a row to get there. The roundabouts are relatively new, and they have already caused a few tankers to meet their end.

Critics argued that the roundabouts were to tight for trucks, but they aren’t. You just have to slow down. For some reason a lot of drivers have an issue with slowing down, but trust me it works!

11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Roundabouts are the worst. The problem is, if they're busy you'll never get in without forcing your way in and making people stop in the circle. They're not made for trucks. Period.

Kyle G. and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.