slow in high point?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Mar 23, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    anyone notice it's been slow in high point this year? I've been fairly busy doing dedicated(which is fine I know them like the back of my hand)...but got a call and told to sit tight at home since we're slow. BTW, the new way in from Green St. sucks. That turn at the Speedway is so tight I though my wife was still a virgin! haha

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Hang in there .

4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I think busy/slow is a day to day deal depending on how hard dispatch has to work covering loads. Other than a 2 week vacation they have had me busier than I like. Lots of 34 hour resets and right back out when I would have rather had 2 full days off. That said getting a nice break now. Got in Thursday afternoon back out Sun Morning

Superhauler and yankatank Thank this.
  5. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    Yeah, looks like I'm off until Tuesday(maybe?). Supposedly we are slow. Seems the yard is FULL of trucks! That was fun parking the trailer I got at P & G in the very front lot! Sure the tank wash will love getting that one out! muahahahahaha

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I bet Easter has something to do with it. Probably be busy next week.

yankatank Thanks this.
  7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    forgot about that, as well. Last year I delivered a load in middle WIS....then all of a sudden, tank wash to HP! I was like WTF?!?!?! then sure enough....it was Thurs before Easter! chicago wasn't fun that day, I tell you! haha

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    well...not going into details...but from the looks of it, I'm being 'shown the door' and have no other option than to start looking out of it! Due to insurance and the lies being told, as well as 1000-1500 miles a week...I GET IT! No need in turning in a 2 week notice when I land a new gig.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem

Hope you find what your looking for

x1Heavy and yankatank Thank this.
  10. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    thank you. I did read a few reviews about Superior, not on here, but on Indeed.com when I applied. Seems alot of what was said by former dispatchers and drivers are true. too much favoritism. I always focus more on my job and what I'm doing, but from meeting alot of guys at different terminals, I can actually see what all was said now. Just gotta 'keep on truckin' until I land something else.

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    How slow is slow...?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.