slow in high point?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Mar 23, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Favoritism is a problem in many terminals. It's as old as trucking. Or any place really.

I actually have a tiny, tiny "Job" driving a through train through a list of 6 towns, all of which has to be on schedule according to fast clock. It's a favorite task of mine and the dispatcher is happy to let me do it. Others however want to give it ago now and then and I'll do other things within the group.

Favoritism and Politics are the two things that never go well in a trucking company.

There are however a very small percentage of drivers who are depended on to get the load delivered into hell if need be on time when called for. The rest can sit in the lounge unaware of those kinds of loads going out to those few that will be depended on to get it there.

We are supposed to come into spring time, once the winter storms quit in about a month, things should crank up pretty good.

yankatank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    oh I've taken a few of those loads here. One was a flammable that went right into the heart of that hurricane that went through GA last year. NOT FUN! But I went there....and not mentioning who, but was laughed at/setup for doing it, although I was 'told' the customer would be there to deliver. The whole land mass was a ghost town. Even DOT stopped me asking what the hell was I doing going into the hurricane? haha And where's my return favor? nowhere to be found.

4. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Don’t know why they won’t let u run loads 4 another terminal until things pick up in high point. I know at one point axis al was busting at the seams looking 4 drivers 2 run 4 them, and a lot of those loads go out west, and even the northwest in some cases

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Because it’s really not that slow in High Point. Not sure what the actual problem is but it’s not lack of freight.

Thermos Bottle Thanks this.
  6. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I gotcha, I’m going 2 leave it alone.

7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I'm just going offof what I'm being 'told' from...not gonna mention names. However, I am VERY PO'ed at this 'third party' that Superior has hired for the 'Insurance audit' and they have kicked my wife from our health insurance. Seems they want my part-time working wife to pay almost $700 a month(more or less PAY TO WORK!) for health insurance. She has no other option but to get her own plan(if she gets really sick we're s-c-r-e-w-e-d!), luckily she is, right now, in very good health. I really do like it here, but don't know why I'm being told, what's being told to me from 'people in the office'? I did see Jerry from Pasadena in Louisville last night and this morning at the tank wash. He switched back to driving. Said a new girl named Samantha is now doing his job. Won't go into 'details' why he went back to driving, if you know him, he'll tell you...nothing bad at all...not one to go about putting others people's business on the internet. He sure did surprise me walking up to the truck. lol

8. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Samantha has been with superior about 6-7 years, she is just new 2 dispatching

9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That’s concerning about the insurance. Have you been paying the $100 or so a week for the family plan?

10. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    yes, sir. Case in point, back to point inpost, I got got 2 loads tomorrow. (ran local yesterday shuttleing trailers around for 5 hours to 'help out and kill my 70')...first is a 'tote offload' in Charlotte..then expect me in Fliler City, MI by 1500 FRIDAY! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! SEE, if I'm even lucky, 900 miles up to MI the next day, even pushing it, won't happen. BS!

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I'll just take it....and run SLOW from there...let them pay for it....not gonna sit at home for someone 'wanting me' to quit. For all those 'outsiders' reading this, would you do the same thing, what does THIS message tell ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm And I've been told by 'upper management' I'm 'perfect' on my deliver/pick up times/logs/etc....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.