Smokey Point Distribution Truck Company

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by KW1953, Apr 26, 2015.

1. The Block Robert

The Block Robert Light Load Member

May 12, 2016
    I too gave up local job for Spd. Have not regretted it once. If you think you are going to walk in and have a dedicated route handed to you it just isn’t going to happen.

The new pay plan will help you out in stabilizing your income initially.

Good luck there are a few of us from Spd on here that I’m sure would be able to answer any questions

2. floydguitarist

floydguitarist Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks, I’ve talked with a Kyle
    Thanks, I’m fully aware I will be OTR, I don’t expect a dedicated route, I don’t mind OTR. I have talked with kylefitzy on here and he gave me the lowdown. I’m optimistic about it and hope that it will work out, I start orientation Monday July 9th

The Block Robert Thanks this.
  3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    My two cents. I have stated on here before I have friends who are husband wife team there. They have been there over 5 years. It's not perfect but they have no intention of leaving.

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I have been with Spd almost 4 years now. I’m pretty happy here.

Just wanted to correct one thing. The best fleets to drive for surveys are not given to only new drivers. We just supply a list of driver emails to BFTDF and they send them to random drivers. I did one last year.

Hopefully things have improved for you or you have moved on.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. floydguitarist

floydguitarist Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    I’m about 3 months in now and so far it’s pretty good. Not as many miles as I could run and yes, lots of tarping and multiple stops especially in LA but they leave me alone and let me do my job which is a huge plus. No pressure to hurry up and make deliveries. I’m also running by the house quite a bit which wasn’t expected because they told me I don’t live in their main lanes which is another plus. We will see how it goes this winter, I’m still not sure how long I want to do the OTR lifestyle any more but they are a good company and the money is decent so far

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.