Smokin Joe's Electronics CB Shop 442 Built

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Terry131, May 3, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah but the thing is and this will piss on someone's feet, it is just a CB.

The thing that gets me and most of you guys don't know this but this crap has been going on since the 60's, nothing new.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    So is it a religious belief that the insulator is too small behind this transistor? I always thought certain things were common sense. There are larger insulators available to match the exact size of the transistor and maximize heat transfer.
    received_741794192839524.png

4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You can keep wondering who it was because it wasn't me. I do remember three negative reviews from three of your customers and "conveniently" they are now gone thanks to your "explanation".
    I do have a life and I do have a couple radios that I enjoy using that were not worked on by yourself. I think you're just angry that I'm not sending you my money. Contrary to your religious beliefs I'm not a troll for a specific business, although I do like to point out how people wasted their money without getting any benefit in return for the money they spent. I always tell people stock is better than most. It's a lot cheaper that way. A factory tune on a Cobra 29 will outperform anything that has come off your bench.

5. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I got to agree with you about that. Just look at the dust-up over the Supreme Court nomination. No one should be expected to lay down and take it when his core reputation and reason for existence is being disparaged, so it is expected that a vigorous defense be allowed and accepted. Unfortunately, a Senate hearing is a poor place to achieve balanced fairness, and a forum is even less so.

shogun and Night Stalker10 Thank this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    This is a completely dishonest statement, since as you can see in the following picture the insulator that is provided by Palomar is the same size as the transistor itself.
    [​IMG]
    For some strange reason Mike chose not to use the insulator provided by Palomar as seen in this still shot from the video that Mike is deliberately hiding from us, and instead he chose to use the smaller insulator which he recycled from the factory transistor.
    received_741794192839524.png

If he can't tell the truth about that one thing, how are we supposed to believe anything else he says? I'm inclined to believe his unhappy customers, one of which lives 20 minutes from my house and blew up an amplifier worked on by Mike.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    politics aside, this entire thread is about crying over nothing. a business owner shouldn't act like a baby when they are confronted with an unhappy customer, especially when these guys call themselves "techs" - that alone is funny.

rabbiporkchop and Slowmover1 Thank this.
  8. Metalhead396

Metalhead396 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I bought a Connex 36HPF and got the "works". I got several radio checks today after installing it and everyone said how great it sounds. Thanks for the great service and good communications between us.

9. Zonie

Zonie Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I never had a modded CB radio that sounded any better than stock. I kind of agree with Porkchop that the factory probably tunes *Most* radios better than they can be tuned by a shop. Exceptions to monday morning and friday afternoon units, of course! :D But seriously, there will be some that could use a tweak. It's all the mods I think are a waste of money. I got a Galaxy that had all sorts of Lā shǐ done to it and I removed it all to get it to work right.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Yeah, I don't get my 4 Watt radios modded out-of-the box, or in-the-box for that matter. If I need more power at any given time, I just click on a little Italy 203p amp for another 50 Watts or so. Nobody ever comes back with a "Man, you ought to get that thing modded." I get along.

rabbiporkchop and Timin770 Thank this.
  11. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Its not always the sound that defines quality of tune..The 17ch splatter box cobra i listened to sounded good but god darn it was across 17 ch...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.