Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Buddy is at w.memphis he's been imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg imagejpeg_0(2).jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg here 10 years never seen anything like it its loaded general mills... who are they hiring he said 5' wide pads wtf... embarrassing

Lonesome, nredfor88 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    They should charge the driver.100% Preventable.
    While they’re at it,slap a couple points on them.

4. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    They ended up Deadheading me 200 miles for a 350 mile load.
    I was at the point of searching for a rental when I got the PP
    Was no way I was going to sit 4 days.I was going to drop off the truck in Deland,and C-Ya!

5. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Florida on a holiday weekend... I'm sorry

6. MaineRoad96

MaineRoad96 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2022
    Hey @TruckerLlew I forgot to ask you, how many days off per year in a calendar year would you estimate you take off NOT including however many weeks of paid vacation you have per year (although it would be nice if you specified how many weeks of paid vacation you have per year as well)?

And I'm assuming you're at the top of the payscale at $0.711 CPM, right?

That's excellent money for a W2 OTR reefer/dry van driver. Good for you.

TruckerLlew Thanks this.
  7. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I take the usual 1 day per 6 days out, minimum 3 weeks out, 3 days off. Once in a while I do 4/4. That comes out to 52 days earned time off, I get 3 "weeks" vacation but they consider 5 days to be a week so it's actually just 15 days.

This year is shaping up to be my best ever for any job I've ever held, so long as I don't #### something up lol

Eta: technically I would be making 72cpm but I take per diem at 14cpm. That drops me to 58cpm. They take 1cpm for the maintenance cost on the per diem. So my taxable income is 57cpm.

8. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    That's awesome but the issue is the selfish knuckleheads wouldn't go where the fuels cheapest or competitive along route they'd go where they reap the best rewards or bonuses sadly... here's where the corporation does have to have a grip sadly

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yikes... bananas and budweiser in jax..Jac... coca cola 3 southern areas... more bananas in Tampa area and plenty of dry #### to haul that makes no sense... and they want to add another terminal south of Orlando off 75? Hopefully much more spacious than deland and you can get your drives stuck in the dirt on that first row upon entry (don't run over that cat or bitten by the rabid raccoons in that dumpster!)

JoeyJunk, newbietrucker91 and O.Henry Thank this.
  10. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Fire the lazies and bump the qualifications back to 1 year safe otr experience or more at least... we should also have two tiers of planners ones that cater to the laxadazical drivers (1600 to 2400 max this is the new otr goals!) And the runners holding company responsible for 2800 to 3200+ steadily... if there's all these under 330 or don't want to drive but don't like dedicated or local jobs nonsense wouldn't you think there'd be much more longhaul (1200+ minimum miles) freight to the proven runners here? Make the 330 and under crowd do regional or dedicated and give us the coast to coast with a preloaded ready to go back gravy trains!!!!

RangerMelB, JoeyJunk and jethro712 Thank this.
  11. RussianBearTruckeR

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.