Snow may vanish for years at a time in Mountain West with climate warming

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by chrisdab, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    If not Mankind, What Species On Earth Is Responsible For The Current And Future Condition Of Earth??

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    Dinosaurs

JoeyJunk, Pamela1990 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Psycho!

Women who act like that, give us all a bad name.

gekko1323 Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    e47a8f87b7b2fca360c6b575d44ce88d.jpg

6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    What makes you think that any species is responsible?

Did man cause the activity that created the Yellowstone Caldera? Was man responsible for the demise of dinosaurs?
    Remember the environmental impact of Mt. St. Helens? Does man control ever-changing activity on the Sun?

There is no doubt man has had an impact on the environment. But how man's impact has changed the environment is not so clear. And to be arrogant enough to believe that we can somehow change our impact and control the environment in the future is laughable. Do we know for sure that the addition of thousands of wind farms, built as an alternative to fossil fuels, aren't somehow impacting the rotation of the earth? Far fetched for sure, but we don't even know what we don't know, and never will completely.

I'm all for reducing our impact where it is plausible and doesn't bankrupt society as a whole, but let's not be so ignorant and arrogant as to think we know enough to be able to change the course of the environment.

Climate change has been happening since the beginning of time, and will continue to do so.

I grew up in the 70s. The science at the time suggested that by 2000 we would be well on the way to another ice age, and that we would have completely exhausted the supply of fossil fuels. It was scary to think about at the time. Now that I am older, I worry much less about the "sky is falling" rants of many.

According to recent propaganda we only have what - eight years left anyway. Let's revisit the topic then and see where we are.

shanman, Dino soar, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  7. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    "The rainforests are disappearing at an alarming rate" What we don't consider is that those trees and multiple feet of soil are covering ancient civilizations and cities built with stone. There's 1' diameter trees growing in the middle of railroad tracks that I once watched trains run on. Nature reclaims in time, we don't understand time we're so self centered we think we're so important that we don't consider that nature does not care about us.

Humans are afflicted with a serious case of near-sightedness where we fail to realize that we are a very small blip on a multi billion year timeline. The time it takes for civilizations to rise and fall is still a miniscule sliver on the timeline of this planet.

Life finds a way, it always finds a way, that doesn't mean human life but life in general.
    Fear mongering and negativity is an awful waste of our brief time on this rock in my opinion.

8. Pamela1990

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Thank you for this well written post.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Now that's funny lol.....I do think compliments work the best when they are perfectly timed. I don't know if I would compliment a lady on here, but if in doubt about how to compliment a woman, just say her hair looks nice.

Pamela1990 and LameMule Thank this.
  10. Pamela1990

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    Nicest compliment ever given to me was at the boat launch a few years ago. My sisters were in the boat, I backed down, spiked the brakes, slapped my F150 into drive and took off up the ramp, parked in the parking lot, and was running back down. A guy was walking towards me, and said " Talent, beauty, and grace, all in one. Would you do me a favor, and back my boat in for me. My wife hates being in the boat when I launch, and she can't back up the trailer ". I said to him "Be glad to help you ". We walked towards his boat, he jumped in the boat, i had a quick look at his bunk style to be sure that they weren't rollers, plug was in, and the tie downs were off. I undid the bow winch, jumped in the drivers seat, introduced myself to the wife sitting in the passenger seat, adjusted the mirrors and seat, backed down, he fired up and backed off, i drove up, parked, we got out, locked it, and I ran back down the hill. I dove in and swam to his boat, whispered to him so not everyone would hear, where i hid the keys on his truck, swam the 20' to my own boat, climbed in, and as I was about to start my outboard, he said " You are the most incredible group of people I ever met, thank you, and God Bless you all".

That is how you compliment people.

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Is it a lack of precipitation or just an increase in water consumption though?

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.