Snow Removal Being Enforced In New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Mar 4, 2019.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    When you get older you won't feel like climbing way up on a flatbed and you'll start pulling a step deck trailer. So don't expect anyone to climb up on a 13 foot trailer

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Wow. @loudtom you win the troll award for this thread. Smh.

Climb 14’ in the air and walk on either sheet metal or translucent fiberglass to shovel snow. Lmao

I love how you stood your ground. #### the truth Ta Hell with being right. I said it, dagnabit it’s how it goes!!! Lollolololol

It all comes down to “Some people’s children”. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can form such a strong opinion for something they admittedly have never done. I am willing to bet ‘ol tommy has never as much as seen the inside of a dry van trailer, much less looked at the roof.

But at last i must give credit where credit is due....Much like my sister Tom has not lost an argument yet. Hahahahah. Go ahead bubba beat us into submission, keep on singing that old wore out song.

roshea, ZVar and bzinger Thank this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If only there was a group of people willing to do the stuff that Americans refuse to do.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Climb on top of a snow or ice covered van? Never. Period.

GreenPete359 Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Lol. Give it time. Elon Musk is working on it

7. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    To be fair, the people who are saying it can't be done haven't done it either. They've got pretty strong opinions on the matter without any experience.

8. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Yes, and it hurts the same amount to not fall off a van as it does to not fall off a flatbed.

9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I live up north and have tried to clean the snow off....... it’s a loosening battle.

I usually leave long before sun up. And let the wind clean off the truck and trailer. And if it’s wet/frozen you need an ice ax to get it off.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    We're saying it shouldn't be done. Not that it can't be. It's inadvisable.

11. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I've shoveled off plenty of EMPTY flatbeds. Now I just hook up to a preloaded trailer. No way am I climbing on that load to clear snow. I throw my chains or straps and go. I'll take the ticket...

As for vans, no way the roof of today's lightweight trailers would support anyone stepping on them, you would need a rake or one of those scrapers to drive under.

I had my windshield smashed by a truck dumping snow once, but it's STILL a stupid law...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.