So excited, I just can't hide it.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Alaskan, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Congratulations, Alaskan! I'm happy that your plans are coming together so well! :thumbup:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    CONGRATS!!!
    And remember you ever have that fright out there on the roads about that thing you were telling us about....Were here for ya DUDE!
    :)

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Houston, Alaska
    yeah, thats a good tip, I will see what I can find through the company for living arrangements, well after my 3,264 mile trip to cedar city to drop off some stuff, it will be right around 274 miles to layton from cedar city. It won't be that bad seeing as I have my neon I get real good mileage with it.

5. Alaskan

Jan 7, 2007
    Houston, Alaska
    lol, I won't be sleeping in many hotels, I think I will be fine. Thanks for your concern Cybergal, I am flattered. :smt046

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Glad everything is working out for you. Insurance is the problem. Several on here has called me out on that, but without recent OTR or not a recent Grad many have to go the refresher course route to get their foot back in the door. Used to be if you had a CDL that is all that mattered. That was then this is now. Keep us posted!

7. Alaskan

Jan 7, 2007
    Houston, Alaska

It's very understandable....if I had a company I wouldn't want to take someone's word without an extensive background in OTR, then give them my highly expensive truck, trailer, and goods. I am dreading the refresher course because it will take extra time and money. I have found a place up here that will give me the refresher course for $450.00 so it won't be to bad on the pocket book. I will keep you guys posted for sure, this is by far the best trucking forum I have ever encountered and the people on it are fun to talk with. I plan on sticking around for a while. :smilebox:

8. wannabtrucker89

wannabtrucker89 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Congrats Alaskan! That sounds like a good deal!:thumbup:

9. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Way to go Alaska wishing you all the best!

10. Alaskan

Jan 7, 2007
    Houston, Alaska
    Thank you fellow forum users :)

11. soju

soju Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Lawrenceville Ga
    Goodluck A-man.I drove to and from Alaska to the lower 48 back in the mid 70`s when the Alcan was still dirt and gravel.Use to live in North Pole(no joke) just outside Fairbanks when stationed in the air force.:smt025

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.