So here is the big question for those of us with our own MC#

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by crocky, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Mine is $766 a month. It’s renewal time, Payment includes 20% dn and 2 mo. Payments 8 pymts of roughy $740 remaining. No payments in December or January.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Ahh ok that makes sense then..

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    To the OP no the insurance does not stop.

What we have done in the past in very interesting times is suspend coverage. That meant storing the vehicle on our land. In those days. Its not legal anymore to do that so suspending insurance means the vehicle has to go onto a storage lot into either a dedicated vehicle storage area outside or inside a storage space big enough for it. The state would want the plates as soon they understand it has no coverage that is valid. Plates are like 30 bucks a year on demand provided you show valid insurance and tax assessment etc. (No emissions, no inspections, none of that BS)

You can park a big rig but the insurance bills roll on out of your checking account each month. If you want to stop all that then the entire business itself has to be eliminated and the assets disposed of or stored on your farm or whatever.

You will still owe taxes on the earnings for the year. Once thats wrapped up then thats it.

One time one insurance company asked why I was not accumulating mileage and I explained to him that as a medical patient I had a driver and a second vehicle for a form of rental cost to me and fuel etc. and the other vehicle being asked about is constantly enduring shop work. They went ahead and sent me back the premiums paid for the previous year and canceled the policy. However they did state that if I want to in the future to continue and drive my vehicle then just call em.

Fast forward to this spring and summer. Unemployed people are about to get 600 dollars on top of max benefits of about 400 weekly. For 4 months. We are going to see a awful lot of partying. In 4 months from now its all gone. I would hate to consider what they would do if they went to squander all that Uncle Sam's money. It would make for a very difficult winter. (Ant and Grasshopper comes to mind.)

I think I will stop writing here at that point. We'll see how it goes.

Rideandrepair and jlafume Thank this.
  5. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Yup just paid my down payment of 16.6% and 10 months at$792 a month . I remember my first year paying $1500 a month , glad those early yrs are behind me .

x1Heavy and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    If only people saved up a few months of payment s

Dave_in_AZ and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    That person is probably pulling his hair right now. That house might be at $100k again in two years

8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Or 6 mos.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Anyone planning on refinancing better do it quick, before equity is gone

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember one year where I was not insurable with my personal vehicle. One office in particular laughed me out of the place. Talk about some sting and burn. Fortunately we learned that the State provided insurance directly. Bypassing the Insurance companies and for a pretty good rate considering.

I am so over it and have massive insurance that I constantly fine tune. However that particular office of a major insurance chain by their laughing ensured that I would work very carefully never to do business with the chain in particular ever in my lifetime.

11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    How much to move the truckload? Will it go on a van? I'll do it for $1.05 per mile.

Qbf594 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.