So i had my truck searched on friday

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by eckz, Jul 27, 2008.

1. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Did you ever have a favorite fishing spot, had good results a lot? Cops are rated on thier production. Think about that. When you pull that big truck over it's a signal. In Virginia, as soon as a cop sees you pulled up, they come right over, they don't want you stopped on the road. Take a few minutes, pull off the road, then you don't attract any undue attention.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. droy

droy Heavy Load Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    OR, is it possible that due to the complexity of their crime, it takes more training, knowledge, and MUCH more hours to get evidence for a conviction? hmmmmm?
    The white collar crime is somewhat new to our society, as compared to the blue collar stuff, drugs, robbery, murder, etc., but in no way less serious! I to would like to see MUCH more focus on white collar crime, starting with the politicians, but that's fodder for another discussion.

panhandlepat and Faber Thank this.
  4. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Now your being silly. How on earth can one parallel a zebra(a ungulate herbivore) and a lion(a apex carnivore) to humans via a race separation/segregation due to a crime type? At best, laughable. :biggrin_25525:

Crime complexity? What? Are you saying it requires LESS training/knowledge/hours for a LEO to arrest and gather evidence for drugs, robbery, rape, murder...etc than to arrest and gather evidence on someone for "white collar" fraud or any other crime deemed "white collar"? I would hope not.

I disagree, "white collar" crime has been around a long long time. Consider early humans trading "rare" sea shells for some caught fish, only to find a beach full of the same sea shells a few miles away(fraud).

I too would like to see more focus on "white collar" crimes.

Peace

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  5. nyc truck inspector

nyc truck inspector Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    ny ny
    99 % of drivers know what they are hauling . the one that does not raises a red flag to me .how can you take a trailer not knowing if the load can possibly hurt you or the public . just trying to give an example of a driver that may need to be looked into a little further than the normal guy .how about a driver with a load of produce in a reefer that is not turned on to keep the load cool ? no answer why . maybe the load is hiding something else . certain things raise questions to me.who is paying this guy for a rotten load of lettuce . not normal to me .

Faber and panhandlepat Thank this.
  6. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    racial profiling is absolutely racist. the very title says it all. I think a cop should be just as alert if he pulls over a 90 year old white woman driving a buick as he would if he pulled over a young black man driving a chevy with tinted windows and sitting on 24"s. there are just as many old white women in prison for robbery, rape, murder and drug trafficking as there are young black males.

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i like to know myself, (i am just nosey LOL) if it's preloaded it helps on setting your tandems till ya can find a scale. helps to let ya know if it is "top heavy" etc.

8. droy

droy Heavy Load Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Okay, I'm back..... please try not to agree with me so early in the game, wouldn't want to let it go to my head.

9. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    I'm glad your impressed. No, I'm not a CSI guy, are you?
    I find it scary that you assume/say a LEO requires less training/knowlege/hours for potential capital crimes than for white collar crimes. Please, explain why this is your assumtion.(the only thing you stated earlier is that meth users "throw themselves into a cops lap") You think that is valid reasoning? If so, I am at a loss(lost/fog).
    White collar crime(fraud) has been around as long as there has been an exchange monetary system, first seen in ancient Mesopotamia around 9000 B.C.

What on Earth does white collar crime have to do with slaves and cotton fields?

Not so fast, I agree with you very little... :biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  10. droy

droy Heavy Load Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Sarcasm, I hope?

droy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.