So i had my truck searched on friday

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by eckz, Jul 27, 2008.

1. CivilWerks

CivilWerks Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I think I would call BS on that ticket. You only have to identify what you were doing at a change of duty status and the location, (i.e. city and state or mile marker and highway and state)

Brickman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trustno1

trustno1 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    phx az
    tx cops suk the most next to the commies from ill. they think everyone is doin something illegal ,then they start puttin crap in their own mouths cooperate with us and we will go easy on you , funniest sh** i ever hear i just look at them with my dumb look and i say ok but the answer is still no ,then they call all the cavarly out and waste a good hour of your time,then they say {after 9/11 }this is routine!!!! lolol funny thing we as the working class pay their salarys so they could give us a hard time???

4. ragtopjr

ragtopjr Light Load Member

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can

Sorry about your luck, that would have been a nasty situation to be in.

Now my response is from a completely different angle then the majority here.

If it was the Interstate which you stopped on and it was not an emergency, I can see the hostility from the officer. I dont agree with it or condone it but can see why you were suspicious to them.

Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that it was illegal to stop on the side of the interstate unless it was an emergency?

Back in 2001 I learned my lesson about stopping on interstates, Myself and a friend had been down to an event in Bowling Green Kentucky in one car and another was following us..... or was supposed to be .... After a bit we decided we better pull over to the side at the bottom of the off ramp and wait for our 2 nd car to catch up.

The next car was a pair of state troopers who so nicely showed us the business end of their guns while freaking out on us for stopping on the Interstate.

That night scared the crap out of us and since beginning driving truck its been a hard and fast rule, If I have to stop for any reason it happens either on the far side of an off/on ramp or a rest area.

I really dont know if my thoughts make any sense but if in fact you were pulled over on the side of an Interstate he may have had reason to be suspicious.

5. animal control

animal control Medium Load Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Where I come From
    trustno1 reply reminds me of when at the I74WB Carlock Il. Ckickenhouse comie who pulled me round ask "is there any contraband, drugs, or large sums of monies mixed-in with your lode of steel?"..Anwser.
    That gets mixed-in later. "WHAT!" he inquires again. I say..."""This steel gets poured in Birimingham and put ona rail to Columbus, OH ,trucked over to Worthington and slit, I transport it to Iowa Lazer ,then it it sent to Mexico for further assembly. That is where the stuff is mixed-in. Trucked back to Anderson IN, for final assy. & distribution as Delco Remy Starters"""

6. 8tuesday11

8tuesday11 Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Nebraska
    Faber and animal control Thank this.
  7. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

That guy is an idiot in my opinion.

Had he answered the simple questions he would have been on his way in a few seconds.

In all my dealings with the BP they usually ask 2 or 3 questions and I'm on my way in only a few seconds.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Yeah right. With the prevalence of illegals and their transport any body could be breaking the laws.

9. TrooperRat

TrooperRat Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've had my truck searched inside and out, including dogs - but it was at the border and I was bringing a truck back into the U.S. from Mexico. I used to have to do it frequently. The Border Patrol acted like they were gods and would talk down to me every time I went through, even though I was totally respectful to them. After a year or so of this going on, I got sick of it and started asking THEM their nationality, especially if they were anything but white (I am NOT racist - I was just trying to get their goat). They would take hammers and start beating on the side of the truck and I would tell them to stop unless they wanted to pay for the damages. They actually looked in my BIBLE! WHAT, I asked, are you looking for in there? "A gun".
    Anyway, the time that they pulled me in to search the whole truck - I did NOT give them a hard time, I was tired and I wanted to get back across the border. I think they had me tagged at that point in their computer. I had to pull the truck over to the side and wait for the Border Patrol to bring a dog to sniff the truck. They were harassing me the entire time, and being tired and cranky, I started dishing it out right back to them. Apparently not being used to being mouthed off back to, they threatened to throw me in jail (for what who knows). I put my hands out and said go ahead and cuff me. It was HOURS of waiting for these freakin' dogs, they had already checked the truck anyway, I had to go to the bathroom and told them as such. "There are no bathrooms here". 10 more minutes, I'm ready to explode. "You'll have to wait". 5 more minutes - they told me the same thing. I told them that if they didn't let me use a bathroom somewhere, I was going to go find a pole or a bush or something and relieve myself because it was HURTING badly at that point, and I was also going to call the local police or highway patrol or whoever I could get to come 'save' me from their 'tyranny'.
    Whatever, it was chaos. They finally showed up with this dog of theirs. It was a pure-breed German Shepherd. This particular truck and trailer were always parked at the same place - where there was a Great Dane that would always walk around the thing and mark his territory.
    You probably already guessed - the German Shepherd took no interest in the truck or it's contents, instead, sniffing the tires. I busted out laughing when I saw this dog start pissing on the wheels - he did it to EVERY single one of them! I was giving them a hard time now - asked them if they were going to wash the pee off the truck. They had had enough of me after -- as long as I was there - and eventually let me go.
    I probably brought some of that upon myself, but having had spent so much time going back and forth across the border and getting ripped by them every single time with their unbelievable attitudes - and my giving them nothing but respect - I just figured it was time to give them a dose of their own medicine. They never much cared for me asking them what their nationality was............

10. Dukesdad

Dukesdad Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2008
    toronto ontario
    A couple of years back I was crossing into the U.S. with a straight truck, from a well known rental company. The border guy sent me to be x-rayed, didn't like what they saw, so took me in to the customs building. Asked if they could check the truck, said sure. Told them I had a bank draft for ten thou + dollars, to pick up the company truck in Grand Rapids. New Motor. They went through the cab 3 different times before I followed them to a warehouse to be unloaded. While unloading, the dogs showed up. Had me crapping my pants, wondering what was going on.
    Anyway, about 3 hours after it started, they said all was fine, warehouse guys would reload me and I could be on my way.
    Next night, on my way back, I heard on the radio the cops busted a (rental name) truck full of dope.
    Hate to say it guys, but sometimes they DO know what they're doing.

leannamarie Thanks this.
  11. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I totally agree with the guy, It is a checkpoint, and unless they had suspicion I was doing anything illegal, they have no right to stop me. If the agent in the brown pajamas would have used 2 or 3 brain cells and look at the plates on his vehicle, she could have answered her own stupid question.

I am getting SICK of hearing how the government 'for the purposes of immigration' or other bogus reasons (namely the patriot act) as an excuse to start acting like a dictatorship. Illegals have more rights in this country than someone born here. Do your job in the first place, and we wouldnt be in the mess we're in. I wont be dumb enough to go into Mexico...but if i was in a big rig, and coming back, they had better "detain" me or i am rolling thru. ;-) like the end of the opening sequence in BJ and the Bear. ;-)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.