So I parked at the far quiet end of the truckstop.....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by paul 1052, Jun 30, 2012.

1. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Refer running HA.
    Wait till your sleeping and some O/O pulls right beside with his awesome 379 with the super sized stacks running straight pipes set up on high idle. So loud it makes your truck vibrate. Makes you wonder if it is that bad outside how can he even get any sleep I woke up and moved

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    i wanna know , how is a driver too know if he is parked , is sleeping, taking home time at the house or generally away from the truck, now someone tell's me this , i be glad too park anywhere you tell me too

puncher and Wargames Thank this.
  4. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    so,where is he supposed to drop a trailer?right on the front row next to the building?next thing someone would ##### and complain about having to walk a little further.

puncher, HwyPrsnr, Everett and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Here's the rub you complain about them being inconsiderate and rude and yet you expect everyone to fly by your rules! If someone parking next to you running there truck or having a reefer running then you nee to find a nice quiet spot on the side of a road somewhere. parking lots are always gonna have people idling reefers running idiots peeing and lizards looking ! that's just the way it is.

6. jarrod

jarrod Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Alabama
    I have pulled both, once pulled a Reefer so loud I couldn't sleep. When I got up, 3 trucks on either side of me were gone. But I understand . You find a nice spot way away from others, plenty of spots available and seems like some one always comes and parks next to you.... They just think like you. Except they idle. What about car haulers with their bottom exhaust???!!!?? Lucky if you wake up at all with that much CO2 blowing right under your bunk!

7. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

i wanna know , how is a driver too know if he is parked , is sleeping, Well that is quite simple , GO BANG on his DOOR and when he gives you the :biggrin_25512: look you ask if he was SLEEPING and you just wanted to inform him that your Truck / Trailer will be running and possibly keep him AWAKE.

8. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Trucks and reefers running at truck stops!? What has the trucking world come to!?

9. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    What gets me, is three or four driver standing beside my truck at 3AM telling lies and getting louder and louder and and never shut up.

10. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    do what i do when i do not want to be bothered. i park at the company yard. no one comes in or out but company drivers, and the lot is so big i have free pick of where to park. works good for me.

Winkjr Thanks this.
  11. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Yeah it gets boring reading about his every week.

Shaggy76 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.