So I parked at the far quiet end of the truckstop.....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by paul 1052, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    I'd rather hear a refer running all night than the spitter going off every few minutes from some freightliner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    being a meat hauler i find a lot of little nooks and crannys to park at away from the interstate and TS. my favorite is grain elevators even had a guy bring me a coffee one day when he realized i was awake just waiting out my 10

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I had to quit coffee. I don't pee in bottles, so I'd hit every rest area and truck stop with a bathroom along my route if I was drinking coffee.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i am 59 i cant move without coffee and it all just dribbles out afterwards.........sigh.........

Noggin and delta5 Thank this.
  6. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I hear you on that. Those old corn binders are some of the worst offenders.

7. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    As I said on another thread concerning the whining about idling, everybody has their own comfortable zones about when to idle and when not too.

What you may consider cool, I, for example, may not.

What you may consider cold enough to idle for heat, I may think its perfect outside.

What difference does it make? I used to pay for my own fuel when I ran with my last company and I idled a lot.

Lol!!

I'll have to second that on the comment about outrageous parking fees if a truckstop decided to do that.

Hard to argue with that......

8. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    Thats what i did after hearing it cycle every 5 minutes.

9. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    Really a bit longer.

I don't go to busy truckstops both parking lots were less than 50% full when it happened, that's what's annoying, when its a full parking lot that's different... I think they did it because they just don't think.
    The idling guy even managed to park between me and an O/S load that was quiet...2 for the price of 1.

You claim to have driven long enough to remember a time when drivers were courteous to each other, have all the toads and self absorbed whiners converted you?

10. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    LEO would be the least of his concerns. I would be worried about the mask and gun myself. Way too much of that going on lately...

11. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    :biggrin_25520:ill just my put on my boise headphones on and just go too sleep, only real time i get awoke from a sleep , is when somebody hits my truck, like that time no were too park, so i parked by the exit, nose it in, he hit me so hard with his side of the trailer , it broke two top hinges off my left door and knocked me out the bunk, heka alarm clock @4 in the mornin and i was planning too sleep in for once ,after a week running hard, and i had some good deep sleep going on too grrrrrrrrrr:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.