So I parked at the far quiet end of the truckstop.....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by paul 1052, Jun 30, 2012.

1. devildawg89

devildawg89 Light Load Member

That is where God invented ear plugs to be inserted, because eventually you are going to wake up, and your bladder is saying, "Hey, wake up and drain me from all of this urine". As Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your sign".......lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Not a good idea to shut off some guys refer. Somebody is gonna eat the food on that trailer and could possibly be your family.

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i catch someone touching my reefer i am going to touch him with my silver hammer like ringo star
    i would assume Transam would like to prosecute the offender also
    it would be like slacking off straps on a FB

corneileous, Hitman, Matti and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Female Driver

Female Driver Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Midwest
    I'm glad the noise of trucks idling and such doesn't bother me in the least. It would truly be difficult to get sleep in these truck stops if I were so delicate, lol.

6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I cannot under any circumstance sleep with pure silence. I always have my fans turned on high at home or APU on full in the truck. Getting between two running reefers Is like a bedtime story

7. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    i haft too run my apt air cond a box fan on med and my small table fans ,my tv on for noise, i too cannot stand the deafening silence , but when power goes out i hate that the worst, like he said put me next too a refer i sleep good, unless hit my truck, ether by lot lizard pounding on door or somebody backing into my trl

8. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    dang it man, i think you got more problems that idling trucks. i mean ya got to find papers to remember what ya been doing 29 years????

but really it happens. i got a flatbed and an apu , many times when i see a place between two trucks i will nose in, so as the apu may not bother them. but then i catch heck because i nose in, been threads on here saying ya cant back , if ya nose in. go figure.

but really ear plugs or ear muffs might help, as long as ya dont forget the ear muffs and walk in the truckstop. well at least ya wont hear everyone laughing

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yup, and just another thing to gripe about.

There are too many cry babies these days.

aiwiron and Everett Thank this.
  10. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Yeah I think that is the thing ! everyone wants to complain. just get in the truck and drive ! I would give my eye teeth to be able to drive today, you guys that want everything perfect and everything your way need to go home and get on food stamps so you can get what you want every 1st and 15th.

Everett Thanks this.
  11. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee

I can't sleep listening to those straps being tight all night long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.