so I took a prospective driver for a test drive today and he surprised me by...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mugurpe, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Only vehicle I ever sat behind the wheel of that I would've had that possible problem was when I was in high school. I used to think Lamborghini's were pretty slick and dreamed of being able to one day be able to get one...until my grandma took me to an exotic car dealer and they let me sit behind the wheel of a Diablo. At 15 years old, it was cramped quarters behind the wheel...and my right foot covered ALL 3 pedals. $275,000 POS I could never drive even if I had the money...needless to say, it was no longer a dream of mine.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    I guess it might just be my boots then, but in my company's freightliner if I'm about 1cm off to my left when I'm on the gas, that boot is on the brake.

I want to assume my feet are around average size, but I've never compared.

4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Only thing I can think of, and I did it a bit on hills, it is an auto no clutch to hold u. On a hill or incline if you are not holding break with left foot and feathering with right foot u will roll backwards if ur not quick enough to right foot the break then let go amd hit fuel pedal real quick. Only thing comes to mind.

5. OOwannaBE

OOwannaBE Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    Was he an old guy? Old people use their left foot to brake since they are afraid that they cannot move their leg fast enough to brake in time in an emergency. If not old maybe he is used to driving a stick and treated the brake like the clutch pedal.

6. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    What does the switch look like that activates the "grade gripper"?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.