So it's the Shippers pushing for Elog??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by OLDSKOOLERnWV, Feb 8, 2017.

1. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Few of my freinds are leased to Cardinal, one of them shared this with us. So the shippers are going to refuse to load trucks without a Elog installed in the truck? I'm pretty sure shippers are more concerned that their products get from A to B, just as they have have for years. Maybe I'm
    Wrong. Somebody be making a lot of money though I'm sure.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I had to deliver mail few times when i was working for O/O, shipper was needed e-logs to track down your progress in case something wiill happened (cause you know people dont give a crap if truck broke down, they want there stuff no matter what) , so that might be a reason

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  4. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    I think it comes down to vicarious liability. CH Robinson was sued over an accident in Illinois and lost $20 million plus. Lawyers are going after the deep pockets, and that's not truckers, it's shippers and brokers. Look it up and you will see. I think this is the reasoning behind it.

tman78, Oxbow, not4hire and 3 others Thank this.
  5. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Everything is geared to say how much they can keep from having to pay drivers all they want to do is stick their hands in our pockets we don't have a living wage rate anymore we drive for peanuts many drivers live at poverty level

not4hire, KB3MMX and Eldiablo Thank this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Shippers want the tracking and performance monitoring capability offered. Carriers want the predictably and planning consistency they offer, especially when coupled with the current HOS rules

LGarrison and KB3MMX Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Isn't that the one where a bridge came down on one of their trucks. And because of the new stupid CSA BS. It's the truckers fault. And he hasn't been able to get a job since. ???

Oxbow and KB3MMX Thank this.
  8. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Whoever wrote that letter for Cardinal doesn't seem to fully understand the ELD ruling. To then say shippers are pushing for it is a further stretch of the imagination. I see every rate confirmation that comes through for the company I work for and there's been no such requirement on any of them. We haul for Fortune 500 companies as well as the largest brokers/carriers out there.

We also haul mail and they have no requirement for ELDs either. Just tracking.

Oxbow, KB3MMX, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    No. Driver hit car and killed someone. Lawyer proved that CHR didn't vet carrier well enough. Make sure satisfactory rating, enough hours to run load, etc etc.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ya but all the Junkie Chicago Volvo companies all use CHR, why do they continue to do business with them and allow them to haul freight?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I dont use CHR,. avoided like the plague. Same with Coyote, Shanks and TQL. Too many others who are are actually reasonable and easy to work with.

Of course I dont exactly drive a Volvo,.. but my carrier and a few drivers leased on here match your description,.. save for the junkie part. They both drive newer KW T800's. Not even my carrier likes Volvo's. He likes his Coronado's. I guess they must be the exception to the rule,.. LOL

Brokers and shippers do business with us because we provide an exceptional service.

Hurst

Oxbow and scottlav46 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.