so looks like KLLM will be my choice

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by big willie27, Jan 6, 2011.

1. big willie27

big willie27 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2010
    walker la
    so an update to my progress at cdl school as i get ready to venture out to the world of OTR. today was my 2nd day behind the wheel and by the grace of god so far i havent done any major damage. did have a close call trying to make a right turn with a pickup truck blocking have the intersection. both my instructors say i am doing a great job and since i am the only guy in class it is only going to get better. keep them wheels a rollin soon to see you on the road.
    peace

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aobryant79

aobryant79 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2011
    2 weeks down 2 to go till my husband finishes with his cdl school.Hopefully he will get to go to jackson for orientation with KLLM. keep him in your prayers

4. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    One thing I have learned after school and then went with a trainer. If the trainer is BAD really BAD. Request another one and explain yourself to the company why...!!! I wish I did. My trainer was horrible and scared the crap outta me more then once!

big willie27 Thanks this.
  5. big willie27

Dec 29, 2010
    walker la
    well this is the week i have been waiting for. i test out of cdl school on wed. if all goes well i should go to oreintation on monday of the following week. i plan on trying to post updates on here so my wife and family and of course you guys out there can keep track of my new career choice. keep them wheels a rollin and be safe. god speed

thelastrebel Thanks this.
  6. dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2010
    south carolina
    hoping to make it to orientation on the 7th also....if i pass everything on the 31 anyway. talked to a recruiter on the phone said everything looked great but havent gotten an actual prehire letter yet. think im gonna call today at lunch and see whats up.

7. big willie27

Dec 29, 2010
    walker la
    i have a prehire already and i actually changed my oreintation day to the 31st. i am waiting on them to verify my work history now hopefully i get the good news today. i graduated school yesterday. good luck on your test and stuff and maybe we will cross paths somewhere

8. ChuckComplete

ChuckComplete Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I am a new driver at KLLM. Start date was Oct 01, 2010. Unless things have changed you will probably have to wait for a truck to be available. I think I waited 2-3 weeks. I am a regional driver. One of the main problems I have had is meeting the pickup/delivery time because of the logbook. Also, KLLM uses the Qualcomm. Good luck bro.

9. money baby

money baby Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Moneyfornia
    Going to orientation on the 14th,in Jackson can we have some updates from company drivers and Lease ops. Can we get a rundown on how things are going now for drivers in the new year.

10. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    I call to see if there hiring outta Florida. I was told at this time they are only allowing experience drivers who will go on their lease programs.

11. Poobah

Poobah Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Arizona
    I'm interested in the lease/purchase program. When I talked to a recruiter several days ago I was told that they only had three trucks available - all Columbia's. Several of the recent posters have commented on the lack of trucks for both Co and L/O's. It seems I recall a post saying that the Co recently sold 200 or more Cascadias.

Do any current drivers with KLLM know if the Co has plans to address what appears to be a shortage of tractors?

Also, if a L/P is started with a Columbia, how difficult or likely would it be to switch to a Cascadia when and if one became available?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.