So what is your LTL company paying?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Northeasterner, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    The funniest part was they told me I should be able to clock in, sign onto the ELD, get my tractor dolly and trailers, and have it all hooked up and completely pretripped w/ DVIRs signed rolling out the gate within 23 minutes!

They said that "it's been measured and put together, they do it scientifically up in management".

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckingStraight

TruckingStraight Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I took a 2 dollar pay cut from my previous job to take the current job that i have. It sucks when they said we'll start you off at 13 an hour. 2 years of safe driving and i'm reduced to 13 an hour. Granted there is over time, medical, 401 etc, but being 30 years old, i'm not interested in retirement. Pay me. Lol.

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ll certainly agree with that being impossible.

5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    They expect you to get the required rest at the proper time. If you can't manage that then they made the right decision to take you off of night work. They would be stupid to leave a driver in a position when he claims he is falling asleep at the wheel and unable to maintain control of the vehicle.

6. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    And you think giving me one week and a few days to adapt to staying awake at night when I've been a normal daytime person for the last 27 years is reasonable?

They say they're so desperate and they can't find anybody to do the work so they have to force me onto that bid. Yet somehow when I can't stay awake and adapt doing it within a week they're able to find somebody else.

Hmm...

7. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    where do you live? I would not drive a truck for that kind of pay. McDonald's pays $15 an hour around here. Minimum wage is 15 in some of the states around here....

jmz and runningman0661 Thank this.
  8. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Yeah. Usually takes me a day and a half to flip my schedule backwards like that. Some people just can't handle night work, and they see that you are one of them. It's ok, not the end of the world but don't take it personally that they don't want you to kill someone.

jmz, Bob Dobalina and kylefitzy Thank this.
  9. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    I'm probably not a night person. It's just that I'm getting fed up with UPS Freight... They act like I'm their only hope and they're counting on me, but when I can't do the job they're able to find somebody else within half an hour.

I guess you're right. I should just be happy I called their Bluff.

10. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Don't take anything personally with these companies. You are there for a paycheck, not to make friends, not because you're going to be something special for that company, not for any reason other than taking home a paycheck. You do what works best for you and leave the drama, the good and the bad, behind at the door.

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  11. TruckingStraight

TruckingStraight Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020
    By the Avatar pic, you can probably tell that i'm unfortunately not driving anything bigger than a 26 ft straight truck. So, apparently here in Ohio you get paid crap to drive a non-CDL commercial vehicle. I disagree with it but nothing much i can do about it for the time being. The only thing keeping me from jumping ship is the over time i get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.