So what is your LTL company paying?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Northeasterner, Sep 14, 2019.

1. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Does UPSF put you guys with a driver trainer for a week to teach and bring you guys up to speed on linehaul, if not no wonder you are pissed off, I would be too, getting thrown to the wolves sucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    An old linehauler at my terminal say I should've been w/ someone for a week. But obviously the terminal manager doesn't want to pay the extra $$$.

He didn't like the results he got from having me wing it. Heh.

4. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    From what i gather most companies misrepresent the pay and various ways of doing it. Honest companies cant compete go out of business. Whats left over is the mass of companies doing fraud and misrepresentations.

Whuch is why im okay with it if my employer does those things against me. Helps them stay competitive.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  5. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    UPSF doesn't like or believe in training----you're just "supposed" to know. Trust me.

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    ....I...what? You have to be sarcastic or trolling with that last part. Lol

7. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    My observation matches what you say.

My immediate supervisor kept texting and calling me and blowing up my phone last nite as I was trying to leave the terminal. I told her, "stop texting, I can't focus on driving, if you don't stop I'll have to park the truck and go home".

She kept on texting, trying to argue some point. So I parked the truck, sent them a message that it's safety hazard, and went home. We'll see what happens.

But this unacceptable.

8. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Were you being asked to do something impossible/unsafe/illegal? Otherwise you should learn the best way to shut up your boss is "yes sir/ma'am" and do what you're told.

9. TruckingStraight

TruckingStraight Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2020

Why didn't you just park the truck and call your supervisor and be done with it?

10. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    I dont mean what i said. Im more neutral about it. I understand more now about the law than i did in the past.

Northeasterner and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  11. Northeasterner

Apr 1, 2018
    Possibly. Gray area. Mixed messages. Management has a history of screwing these things up from time to time and I've made my fair share of mistakes, so I err on the side of caution. After all, I only get one license, but there are plenty of jobs.

Or... shut the phone off and go home.

TM texted me to come in to work tonight to work the dock. I worked several hours, and went home. Uneventful. I think they've moved on, and so am I. Linehaul is in the past, back to dockwork and P&D thank God!

Where do I park hazmat doubles? No rest area nearby, and no place on the side of the highway more than a few feet from the traveled portion of the roadway. Right or wrong that's FMCSR, and I'm just the messenger. I know if something happened because I was too close to traffic, I'd get blamed. So I avoid that possibility.

TruckingStraight Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.