so who makes it in this industry??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by txboy10, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    All I know is I have the best "Corner Office View" when I'm out on the hwy........

Better than digging a ditch....
    Better than than training a kid half your age to go on to be your boss.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Kind of the same way I feel.

My office had no view.
    The hours sucked.
    Office politics.

LavenderTrucker Thanks this.
  4. scorpiorias

scorpiorias Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Its high-time someone grew up, stopped whining and started being positive....I am impressed.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Attitude will get you there, negativity won't. Walk tall people. You want it? Well then, go get it! What's stopping you. Did you see the Discovery channel and the folks climbing Mt. Everest? Very impressive. 2010, gonna be your year!:biggrin_25522:

LodiKen Thanks this.
  6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Yeah , right . 50,000 positive attitude wannabes trying for 5,000 available jobs . What's stopping them ? :biggrin_25513: . That's right . I'm negative . But 99% of these positive wannabes will never get a job as good as mine . Save Pollyanna for the Disney Channel .

halfburn Thanks this.
  7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I'm happy...I'm guess I'm one of those "Pollyannas" you're talking about...or maybe I know how to run my business instead of the other way around.....

jeepskate99 Thanks this.
  8. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE

Like it has been said... It is what you make it. What you discribed is not what I am experiencing.
    For example, yesterday morning we rolled into Ohio near where my Aunt lives. Parked the truck, grabbed our laundry and caught a cab to my Aunts house. Took a nice long hot shower, got the laundry going, visited with my Aunt while we made road snacks, chocolate chip cookies, banna bread, sausage cheese balls, some soup and all. We ate a great meal, my Aunt is a great cook, watched some t.v. on the big screen. Got a good sleep, grabbed our clean clothes and then headed back to the truck.

I have family and friends all over this country and so does he, so we do that often. Sometimes we get a cab, sometimes someone picks us up and some places we have been able to drive up in the truck. A couple weeks ago stopped by a fellow trucker friends of his house, showered, ate, visited and he took care of some problem she was having with the basement bathroom. She appreciated it since her hubby was on the road and a long ways away, we appreciated the showers, good food and visit. I also happened to think the goats were cool, cause I have ever only seen them at the zoo.

Okay, I'll give you the working on the holidays... Although, I was home for thanksgiving and Christmas, I will be rolling in the new year rolling down the road... But, to be honest with you, I am excited about it, what a cool way to start my year... I am going to be in the drivers seat, grining ear to ear, and yea... I am gonna blow the horn!!! Then I will log my first mile of 2010 and roll on down the highway.

Unfortuantely my neighbor who is in the health care industry will be emptying her first of many bed pans of the year and putting up with all the other stuff she doesn't like about her career that she spent years in school and thousands and thousands of dollars for. Hope she doesn't get bit, last year a patient got real fiesty when she was changing his diaper he clawed and bit her pretty good.

Soldier, JustSonny and Hitman Thank this.
  9. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    The way I have made it may not be for everyone but this has always worked for me.

I just shut my mouth opened my ears and did the job I was hired to do.

If I didn't make enough money I found another job that paid better!

If I worked harder than I thought I should have to I found another job where the work was easier!

If I was gone to much I found a job where I was home more !

I always found that if the ones that #####ed worked half as much as they #####ed they would have nothing to ##### about.

The thing to remember is you are in a mans job so man up and do a mans job!!!

Trucking aint for sissies so stop your whining and crying and drive your truck like a man !!

10. b1rcyu76

b1rcyu76 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2009
    canada
    I am also happy trucking and I enjoy it. I got my licence through a school and got a driving job a week after I got my licence. Stayed there for a month then quit, because I had a the chance to get into Pepsi. I am full time there making 25 an hour, straight days and love the job even the slugging. In the winter when it gets slow and I get laid off on my mon and tues, I have a part time job with a regional haul company which I run one trip with at the begining of the week, then work my wed, thur, fri at Pepsi. Cannot complain at all and love being able to drive truck, making a good living.

11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    You know, I started with my company Nov. 17th, 1997. Local driving job, started at $9.50 an hr for local and 22% for regional work. I drove a POS international daycab, spring ride suspension and company installed airride for the cab (at least the seat was airride) with a loose shifter floor plate that every so often would come loose and rattle around the shifter. Totally DH work. 12 yrs later I'm still there. The biggest thing I learned about my company, and on the rare occasion when I'm a trainer I tell the new hires, is to be a duck and let it roll off your back. If the boss ####### you out about something and you actually did it, then man up and take responsibility for it. If he ####### you out about something and you didn't do it, let it roll, he's pissed at someone else and taking it out on the nearest person, it happens.

jeepskate99, JustSonny and halfburn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.