So you want to haul crude oil in the badlands of ND?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Nogy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gdyupgal

gdyupgal Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND

yeah you do have to wear steal toe boots but I've yet see anyone check they do reimberse you $50.00 on your boot purchase I bought a pair of steal toe mucks in Dickinson at Wanners western wear they were $109.00(without tax because I still have my Montana DL and didnt have to pay tax) so my boots cost me $59.00 after the reimbersment

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DCE

DCE Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Idaho
    I've been lurking for a bit and decided to register. I appreciate the information that you folks are sharing here.

Can anyone give me some input on the current situation for water hauling, frac sand hauling, and gravel hauling? Would an OO be ahead to head up there with a vac tanker, pneumatic trailer, or belly dump? I would be interested in hiring on another driver before too long if there was enough work to keep the truck going 24 hours a day. Thanks for any input you can offer.

4. K_man

K_man Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Central, MN
    I just got back from prospecting. They need water and frac sand out at the oil rigs all the time, it doesn't stop. You will need to run 24/7. A 3 person schedule is the best way to go 20 days on 10-11days off, rotating.

DCE Thanks this.
  5. DCE

DCE Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks for the reply K_man. I know some guys that are running there, and some seem busier than others, and none of them seem to pay that much attention to what they aren't hauling. I'm looking at setting up with either a blower or a vac pump or just a wet kit, and I'd like to be set up for wherever the demand is greatest.

Did you decide to make the move? If not, why not? If so, what will you haul? (if you don't mind me asking those questions). Thanks again for the input.

6. DCE

DCE Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Idaho
    BTW, can anyone tell me how to "thank" someone? Maybe I can't thank anyone until I have more posts or something (this is one more...), I can't seem to find a "thank" button.

7. Darracq

Darracq Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2011
    ks
    It says thanks right next to quote. unless you can see it yet.

cplmac2 Thanks this.
  8. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
  9. DCE

DCE Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks, I can see it now. I guess whatever needed to happen happened. Another post or two and I will be able to PM.

Anyone else have any thoughts on where the heaviest demand will be for the next few months?

10. DCE

DCE Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks Scott. I can see it now. And, now I think I can PM.

Scott101 Thanks this.
  11. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Fresh Water hauling is quite a bit easier to get into than sand hauling. You can load water anywhere. Sand, you have to have rail or storage. Or get in with the service companies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.