So you want to haul crude oil in the badlands of ND?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Nogy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    almost every one of these companies will take on O/Os from time to time I have had agreements with Falco, MB, Dimond B, and Plains and ran 6yrs for Taylor so just because ya don't see the O/Os dont mean there aren't any

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    I replaced the clutch on a Mitsubishi cabover back in April and the pressure plate, flywheel and friction disc from Mitsubishi cost $2400 (just parts, not including what we charged in labor to do the work). I can see where $6500 is possible, but unless it's an import that's really high. Clutches are actually very easy to replace in a day or so if you have the parts and a jack to move the tranny.

4. WHO KNOWS

WHO KNOWS Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    2fuzy how did you like working for Taylor?

5. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    when I started for them it was a fantastic outfit to work for then Buddy retired and they got bought out by Halifax who brought the new CEO from swift and shortly there after I departed
    I still have friends that are running there trucks but it just gets worse for them another buy out etc

If I could find another outfit like they used to be I would sign on in a heartbeat

if you are looking to lease on the best outfit in the oil biz imo now is Basin Western out of Roosevelt UT if I still had my trailers that is where I would probably be

when I started with Taylor they used to pay me $250 just to have there truck and paid me $1000 for mine now they charge 3k a month to lease there equipment and pay as far as the last rates I knew 56% but back then they covered a lot for there 44% well the shifted most of that over to the operator and they way they did left a real bad taste

all that said some folks are doing very well with them still and you can expect a truck to gross 200+K a year if ya run it right I ran my trucks in SE Wyo and if you really want to be in ND there are better ways and better outfits IMO

WHO KNOWS Thanks this.
  6. twentyninetimes

twentyninetimes Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Watford City, ND
    I have a question for the people who work at Power Fuels... I have a line on a place to live that will let me bring my dog. Its about 35 miles west of williston over the border in montana. PFs is based out of watford city and too far away (like 1.5 hours). I see that PFs has locations all around nd. Can people work out of locations other than watford city ( like williston) ?

7. gdyupgal

gdyupgal Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND
    you most certainly can especially if you have your own housing available..Wtfrd Cty is just where they do orientation & training but once yer done with that you can live any where you want as long as you show up for work they could care less where you live..PF has locations in seven communities: Watford City, Tioga, Stanley, Dickinson/Killdeer, Minot, Williston and Beach/Baker and Ray

8. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

hey...my husband and myself have ran team cross country for 20+ years...he is looking to come to ND so i can quit...i need someone who has been at it a while to tell us HONESTLY what its like up there...i know weather is an issue (we lived in MI for 7 years...)....and we know you work ALOT of hours...but the money is great..he has 28 yrs exp....and is a hard worker...is it all it is cracked up to be???? i would rather that if you answer you have been up there at least a year....dont mean that rude...i would just rather have someone who has been at it a while to tell us whats up....thanks...you can send a pm if you would rather...

9. daf

daf Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ks
    I think the answer to your questions can be found in earlier posts in this thread.

10. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

i started reading them...but some have very little exp. and i didnt feel like reding thru 50 some pages....lol

MrFred Thanks this.
  11. daf

daf Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Ks
    I will just say after reading this webiste, that I doubt demand for truckers in the oil field from ND - TX has ever been stronger, if a person wants to be in that field and the oil patch can be boom and bust. I will also add with his experience, he may not have to go that far to make somewhat similar wages. Good Luck!

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/trucking-jobs/87919-jobs-in-nd-oil-patch.html

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
    Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.