So you want to haul crude oil in the badlands of ND?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Nogy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gbz

gbz Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    How's the patch after the election ....is there still drivers clearing $100k...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    The patch is still buzzing 25 drilling rigs in Montana now, As for the money it depends on what your doing and who you work for.

gbz Thanks this.
  4. WideSkyND

WideSkyND Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2012
    If you are single, and have worked in an almost completely isolated work setting before for endless hrs? Then yes, 100k should still be more than doable for ya. 2nd and 3rd yr earnings can top that by 30-40+k. Overall pay yr to yr has gone down due to competition and streamlining of drilling operations has not helped. Plus side there is still much work to be done, heard on news that Minot alone has still more than 1 billion dollars in flood recovery construction to complete.

gbz Thanks this.
  5. Unimog406

Unimog406 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Bigfork, MT
    Hi Ironmule, I have a Montana based company and I am hauling crude in ND. I have been waiting for the drilling activity to get to a level that we could haul in our home state, but I was under the impression that it is a little early. What I hear you saying however, is there might be opportunity now. Would you have any information you would be willing to share with me?

And by the way, I am looking for another experienced crude oil driver to replace a guy that thinks he is irreplaceable. Difficult yes, but not impossible as he will find out. So any of you out there that happen to be looking, please let me know.

As to the election, I think it will have a negative impact. Though I would encourage folks to continue forward, there is still opportunity and if like most of us, the economy changed what your choices are. The oil patch is a lot of work and a lot to put up with, but it is a blessing that it is there.

nd-newbie Thanks this.
  6. WideSkyND

Apr 16, 2012
    Last heard from person with oil site work over business in Glendive, he mentioned atleast 20 rigs this winter in MT, tried to recruit me and others for coming over. haven't talked with him in a month or so.
    Did read on this MT/ND oil business production website(you'll have to look up)pretty much same info regarding rigs moving over from ND for MT oil leases

7. nd-newbie

nd-newbie Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Minot ND
    Three-year Bakken water/crude hauler looking for a job in NW ND or NE MT. Previous company sold, or I was welcome back there. Don't need housing. Don't need benefits. Must be home most nights. Looking for a 5/2 or 6/1 12-hr day schedule. Not interested in any kind of rotating schedule. Clean record, great hauling reference, all endorsements, etc. Tried working in safety for a few months and then got bored; getting back in the seat. Looking to gross $100k via payroll or $150k cash, in 2013. I do not work on commission as there is no incentive to be safe and guard my golden ticket. If safe experience matters to you, and you want someone for the long term instead of just another driver, you can reach me at 701-sixfourone-6898. I actually keep my truck clean and talk well of my employer, so do not waste my time if you treat your drivers like garbage.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    WideSkyND Thanks this.
  8. WideSkyND

Apr 16, 2012
    ND-NEWBIE, uh huh, that is the golden ticket 'ha ha', so to speak. Couldn't have set it more straight.
    And here been privately debating on that very thing, commission vs hrly.
    By the way, can send a pm at the end of this wk if have not found that schedule desired and right employer. I definitely know of one, with little attrition. This company has quality subsidized housing, OT, excellent pay, benefits. You'd have to start nights, but no rotation at this time.. 5 truck company, local ND owner.Super busy with steady crude hauls yr around and sometimes water. He'll know by this Friday supposedly on opening. He checks your background thoroughly, so be up front on evrything.

nd-newbie Thanks this.
  9. Gunner1068

Gunner1068 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Salt lake City, UT
    No real "change" up here in Williston, ND after the election. Wells still being drilled. Everyone I work with still making over 100K (all company drivers)

10. tong81

tong81 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2012
    hey kdc which company is hiring that pays that much starting?? i am in los angeles and thinkin about moving out and be on my own. i am single and no family or kids, ready to work long hours and dont mind isolated. i got all my endorsements and twic card. i am currently a yard switcher, love it but need more money. Thanks!

11. tong81

tong81 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2012
    whats the name of the company? i am new to this forum and dont know if i did it rite the first time. Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.