So you want to haul crude oil in the badlands of ND?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Nogy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2010
    The Plains, Ohio
    I am so happy for you Gdyupgal. I was hoping I could be of some help to you. It feels awesome to know I was a part of your success. I will be heading to Kandahar in Afghanistan in November to work for Dyncorp as a truck driver. I will be delivering supplies for the military and coalition forces from one base to another. I worked in Iraq with KBR for the past 5 years doing the same thing. I would appreciate your prayers while I am over there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

:biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523: :biggrin_25523:

exaggerate much?????????????

Thanks Duker, as a former crude hauler myself I knew that a lot of what was posted was BS. Why some folks feel the need to make things sound many times worse than what they are is beyond me. They only come across as a super trucker loud mouth and loose all credibility they might have in the fragment of truth in the rest of the post.

4. gdyupgal

gdyupgal Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND
    Lots of Prayers definatly for you..you certainly are brave to go there..and yes there alot of roller coaster roads with sloped edges in ND so you need to keep it safe here..I'm going to do my best to make it thru the winter but no promises..lol..PF also needs mechanics real bad..for every truck that gets fixed 2 break..the roads are hard on trucks here and it's a continuouse dodge of dips and pot holes..H2S certainly leaves something to be desired..stinky stuff and you have to always be aware of wind direction..well sites can sometimes be small and a bit of a challenge to get around in especially when there are 3 or 4 of you trying at the same time..:biggrin_25523:..but I'm not sceered and if I can give it a go then anyone can..just have to be careful and think ahead..:biggrin_25525:

5. Lowbed

Lowbed Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Edmonton Alberta
    H2S is stinky with the smell of rotten eggs. Hope you don't try getting a wiff of it or they'll be burying you.

6. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I've probably been buried about 500 times then.

Obviously "a whiff" doesn't kill you.

Leftlane101 Thanks this.
  7. gdyupgal

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND

Nah....that's why wind direction is important and an H2S monitor that we wear..:biggrin_25524:

8. mysticguido

mysticguido Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Wharton, TX
  9. Brickman

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Google it, that'll explain it better than we can.

Basically a poison gas.

10. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    When you are on top of the tank, ready to drop your tape in, have you ever not been able to vent the tank so you LEAN on the lid and push down on it to vent?

Those fumes gave me a headache that I thought would never go away.

Why teenagers go puffing is beyond me.

11. gdyupgal

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND

It's really important to watch the wind sock..if the wind is blowing in my face then I try to wait or stand to one side before I flip the lid and I always turn my face away..the smell did bother my sinuses but I keep my monitor on me and watch the sock..you can never be careful enough but it can be done safely..I had my monitor go off once and that's where the wind sock is important to know which way to move

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.