So you want to haul crude oil in the badlands of ND?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Nogy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I wish they could go back 3 years....thin the herd :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrivingCrude

DrivingCrude Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    The Bakken
    Ditto....I've told people they don't do testing in ND they to busy....for that same reason. LOL

4. DrivingCrude

DrivingCrude Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    The Bakken
    That means you tong

5. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    if you do speed wait 2 days before piss test, but make sure you hang yourself within the next 3 months....if you do coke, wait 72 hours - right down motrin use next to your signature, then hand me $100 a month cause your'e gonna end up giving away your money anyways. If you smoke pot, carry an eye drop container with chlorine down your brief underwear during the piss test. But if you're going for a hair test, shave your head and whole body, wait 3 months, shave again, 3 more and shave again. Then 2 weeks and start applying, by the interview time - you're good.

MoneyCat Thanks this.
  6. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    I wish they didnt test at all - that way we'd get help getting rid of some 4 wheelers :biggrin_255:

7. dairyman02

dairyman02 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Hello im new here. Just curious about truck driving in ND. Thats all i hear about is all the money to be made! I have haz-mat and all the endorsements but all my experience is driving for a farm and now working for Pepsi hauling pop. Don't they give you a truck with a sleeper? Hardly seems worth it if not. Thanks!

8. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Ben528 is a bit of a drama queen. It's not as horrible as he makes it out to be. As far as people trying to hurt you, that's no different than any trucking job. Accommodation has been crazy there, but I suspect it will get better as hotels and apartments catch up to demand. It still beats highway hauling hands down. The oilfield in general is not for the faint of heart. It rewards those who step out and those who take a chance ( not with safety but in other ways)

ironmule Thanks this.
  9. Gitaslife

Gitaslife Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2014
    I'm a rookie truck driver and been up here in ND for two weeks. Spent most of that getting safety classes out of the way. I'm hauling sand and don't mind the weather or the 6 inches of mud on the sites I'm delivering to, it's the #### roads! Hills with curves all over the place and the roads are most of the time narrow and so dirty you can't see the lines to stay between them. And when it's dark..... Geesh! It can really stress you out. I honestly don't think this is the environment for a rookie driver. But if you do decide you can hack it I suggest driving 10 miles under the limit and don't be afraid of impeding traffic....keep yourself and others safe. Some say that's a wusses perspective. I say it's a smart man that recognizes danger and takes steps to make it safer. I'm still just one more load from staying or quitting. I'd hate to have wasted my time coming here, but I think I'd hate being dead even more

10. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Be safe for sure, but if you stick it out long enough to get reasonably comfortable you'll never go highway again. Far more interesting and WAY better pay. If you can get you boss to spring for almost any HID headlights they put out way better light. We have a couple KW's with sealed beam HIDs and they are incredible.

Rodeorowdy and ironmule Thank this.
  11. ironmule

ironmule Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    PNW
    Take your time,when its hard to see the road try to relax use the rumble strips. remember the road doesnt move. Hang in there good weather is on the way,along with all the dust!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.